Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2016, 08:10 AM

7,684 posts, read 5,549,324 times

Advertisements

This writer blames Germany for the CETA fiasco: Germany, not Wallonia, is to blame for the collapse of EU-Canada trade talks | Coffee House

The link was posted by Spartacus713 in his excellent thread analyzing Brexit developments: https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...t-happens.html

Old 10-23-2016, 08:23 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,115,007 times
I don't know if it's good or bad that things are like this, but the fact that a sub-national region of 3 million people can kill something that the European Union of about 500 million people wants to happen, is nothing short of amazing.

And BTW I have nothing against people in Wallonia. I've known quite a few in my life.

Old 10-30-2016, 06:48 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,102,459 times
And ........ Now agreement has been reached and CETA has been signed. Details at the link:

Canada and EU sign historic trade agreement during EU-Canada Summit | Prime Minister of Canada

Quote:

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker and European Council President Donald Tusk sign the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) during the European Union-Canada Leaders’ Summit in Brussels, Belgium.......

Last edited by Zoisite; 10-30-2016 at 06:58 PM..

Old 11-04-2016, 06:17 PM

UFO? Lost Cold War nuclear weapon? Canada's navy to investigate object found off B.C. coast - British Columbia - CBC News

Old 12-12-2016, 02:58 PM

I guess Kevin O'Leary was serious last winter. He is testing the waters for a Conservative leadership bid:

Kevin O'Leary Tells Tories He Can Beat 'Surfer Dude' Trudeau In 2019

I wonder if he still resides in Boston.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:04 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,599,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I guess Kevin O'Leary was serious last winter. He is testing the waters for a Conservative leadership bid:

Kevin O'Leary Tells Tories He Can Beat 'Surfer Dude' Trudeau In 2019

I wonder if he still resides in Boston.
I get really bad vibes from him.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:32 PM

I couldn't read the article but the title alone has me fuming! I'm sick and tired and fed up to my back teeth with all the immature name calling and bullying disrespectfulness getting tossed around by so many public figures these days.

If O'Leary has so little class he has to resort to publically calling the prime minister of Canada a "surfer dude" then I already can't stand the guy. Really, is this kind of ignorant behaviour something that Canadians want to see in their political leaders?

Old 12-12-2016, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I couldn't read the article but the title alone has me fuming! I'm sick and tired and fed up to my back teeth with all the immature name calling and bullying disrespectfulness getting tossed around by so many public figures these days.

If O'Leary has so little class he has to resort to publically calling the prime minister of Canada a "surfer dude" then I already can't stand the guy. Really, is this kind of ignorant behaviour something that Canadians want to see in their political leaders?

Well last January when he was musing about running for the leadership,

Quote:
O'Leary freely acknowledges he is inspired by the campaign success of Donald Trump.
Kevin O'Leary circling as key Conservatives test Tory leadership waters - Politics - CBC News

( I'm not sure why the Huffington Post link doesn't work for you. I just tried it again and it works for me. )

I would think that O'Leary not speaking French would be a deal breaker, but I also thought Trump would never be elected President.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Well last January when he was musing about running for the leadership,

Kevin O'Leary circling as key Conservatives test Tory leadership waters - Politics - CBC News

( I'm not sure why the Huffington Post link doesn't work for you. I just tried it again and it works for me. )
I'm sure it will work for most people. The fault is on my end. I'm working on a very old computer and outdated browser so there are a lot of websites I can no longer access these days. Huffington is one of them. I can access CBC though so thanks for that link. The long and the short of it is that I need to get a nice, new up-to-date computer.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:33 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,523,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I'm sure it will work for most people. The fault is on my end. I'm working on a very old computer and outdated browser so there are a lot of websites I can no longer access these days. Huffington is one of them. I can access CBC though so thanks for that link. The long and the short of it is that I need to get a nice, new up-to-date computer.

No you don't. The age of your computer has no effect on your instincts. They're still sound.

In the last couple of posts alone, what do we have?

O'Leary resorting to the purile behaviour of someone expecting that nonsense to carry the day with us.

Next up; we read he's encouraged by Donald Trumps victory and that helped him make his decision.

And;

Sorry Kevin but this old phart isn't yet ready to sign onto that infantile program.

Give me Michael Chong any day over your arrogant and patronizing azz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada