Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2024, 04:55 PM

7,310 posts, read 9,360,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
The "Uyghurs genocide" myth has been exposed already for what it is, an exaggerated myth indeed, Taiwan is officially part of China and China would not invade the Philippines. Sure, China is expanding its sphere of influence (it comes with the power) and created the artificial islands, they are not angels for sure but far far from being Nazi.
Re Uyghurs: that is just not true. https://theconversation.com/un-repor...enocide-189917
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2024, 05:48 PM

2,415 posts, read 1,592,950 times
Quote:
I have a tower in London to sell if you are interested.
Bridge. Not Tower

Old 03-22-2024, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
Bridge. Not Tower
Tower of London https://www.hrp.org.uk/tower-of-london/

Old 03-22-2024, 06:06 PM

2,415 posts, read 1,592,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Well aware of the tower but it’s the bridge that was “sold”

Old 03-22-2024, 06:19 PM
pdw pdw started this thread

2,696 posts, read 3,115,053 times
Quote:
The "Uyghurs genocide" myth has been exposed already for what it is, an exaggerated myth indeed, Taiwan is officially part of China and China would not invade the Philippines. Sure, China is expanding its sphere of influence (it comes with the power) and created the artificial islands, they are not angels for sure but far far from being Nazi.
Lol I can sure see I was right on the money with my assessment. You’re a wumao China apologist who’s rooting for the decline of the West. No wonder you hate foreign volunteers in Ukraine, you want Putin to succeed so the PLA feels empowered to launch an invasion of Taiwan. You keep mentioning Manichaeism as if the United States has to be completely perfect and innocent to acknowledge they are a much better power for the security and stability of the world than authoritarian regimes like China or Russia would be. That’s not an argument. To quote Biden “don’t compare me to the almighty, compare me to the alternative”. There’s a lot of things to criticize the US about, but to think throwing the world into turmoil in hopes of a multi polar world being better is just ridiculous. The US can share a power balance with other liberal democracies like the EU, Australia and Japan. Until Russia, North Korea, China and Iran give up their insane ideals, they are absolutely the worse alternative

Old 03-22-2024, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
Well aware of the tower but it’s the bridge that was “sold”
The Brooklyn Bridge
https://nycwalks.com/blog/the-brookl...o-sell-to-you/

Old 03-22-2024, 09:55 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,320,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
who’s rooting for the decline of the West.
There is not need for rooting, the west is doing a dandy job by itself.

Quote:
You keep mentioning Manichaeism as if the United States has to be completely perfect and innocent to acknowledge they are a much better power for the security and stability of the world than authoritarian regimes like China or Russia would be. That’s not an argument. To quote Biden “don’t compare me to the almighty, compare me to the alternative”. There’s a lot of things to criticize the US about, but to think throwing the world into turmoil in hopes of a multi polar world being better is just ridiculous. The US can share a power balance with other liberal democracies like the EU, Australia and Japan. Until Russia, North Korea, China and Iran give up their insane ideals, they are absolutely the worse alternative

That is exactly the point. Nobody is perfect so do not elevate yourself to judge vs. other system. The entire world does not share our values and not all nations can be liberal democracies, whatever that term mean nowadays.
There are societies that are perfectly fine and happy not being liberal democracies.

Do you even know how power structure works in China? Do you know that actually there is "democracy" in the Chinese system at local level and local leaders are selected to go up the ranks based on their results?
I bet you have no idea.

Something for you to steer you in the right direction of actually understanding the world....learn, learn, learn

"Eric X. Li: A tale of two political systems"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0YjL9rZyR0&t=645s

Would I like to live in China or under a Chinese like system? No. That does not means that our system is inherently superior....and please, before you say it, do not compare China to the Middle East monarchies.

The multi polar world is a reality, better start to like it, there is no going back.

Last edited by saturno_v; 03-22-2024 at 10:08 PM..

Old 03-22-2024, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
In the geographic area of the so called genocide, the Uyghurs population actually increases instead of decreasing...that is a very strange genocide.

Old 03-22-2024, 10:07 PM

[quote=Luisito80;66561978]Taiwan is not part of China and are not under the CCP.
[quote]

Taiwan is officially part of China, they are a "rebel province".

Quote:
Bullying is not the same as influence.
The two things often overlap. I'm not defending China, I'm just saying that the comparison to Nazi Germany is silly.

Old 03-22-2024, 10:08 PM

1,266 posts, read 528,035 times
Quote:
In the geographic area of the so called genocide, the Uyghurs population actually increases instead of decreasing...that is a very strange genocide.
The number of people in xinjiang province is increasing due to the number of Han CHinese that move there. Who said the Uyghurs population is increasing, the CCP?

Last edited by Luisito80; 03-22-2024 at 10:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada