Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Prettier province?
British Columbia 12 80.00%
Nova Scotia 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2024, 12:10 PM

143 posts, read 111,800 times

Advertisements

Must be Torono. That's why the whole world is in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2024, 08:26 AM

37,157 posts, read 39,418,669 times
I wonder if all the Maritimes or perhaps Atlantic Canada would be a better comparison. I'm also curious about usage. I've definitely heard people say the Maritimes in person, but I don't think I've ever heard people say Atlantic Canada in person.

Old 04-02-2024, 08:40 AM

401 posts, read 427,103 times
Add Prince Edward Island in Atlantic Canada to your list! PEI is a beautiful place we have been visiting since 1985. We have been to all 50 states, most of Canada, Italy, Ireland, and Scotland, but still find time to get back to PEI we love it. Why….friendly locals, amazing seafood ie lobster, muscles, oysters, cod, not crowded even in the summer. Endless red sand beaches and cliffs, amazing folk music, green potato fields, bike and walking trails the entire length of the island, warm water via the Gulf Steam to swim in the ocean. Anne of Green Gables if you have kids. Best time to visit is June to September. You can get onto the island via a 8 mile long bridge or a 2 hour ferry from Nova Scotia. The largest city is Charlottetown about 50 k population with an island population of 170k. But get out and explore the countryside it’s amazing.

Old 04-02-2024, 01:38 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I wonder if all the Maritimes or perhaps Atlantic Canada would be a better comparison. I'm also curious about usage. I've definitely heard people say the Maritimes in person, but I don't think I've ever heard people say Atlantic Canada in person.
Maritimes: Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island

Atlantic Canada: Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland-and-Labrador

There is also the expression "Down East", which conflates with Atlantic Canada in the minds of most people.

Old 04-02-2024, 04:35 PM

1,225 posts, read 498,842 times
Shouldn't the Gaspe pensinula be considered Atlantic Canada?

Old 04-02-2024, 06:27 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,303,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post

BC is also more scenic than any state in the US....except, maybe Alaska and California.
The entire West coast, from Alaska to California is equally beautiful (very beautiful) I do not think BC hold a special place above the others. If anything, California is the one with more variety of sceneries, not BC.

Old 04-02-2024, 09:00 PM

7 posts, read 3,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
The entire West coast, from Alaska to California is equally beautiful (very beautiful) I do not think BC hold a special place above the others. If anything, California is the one with more variety of sceneries, not BC.
Most people in CA do not live around tall mountains like in the Lower Mainland, BC. Except maybe LA/parts of Socal.

Here in the Bay Area, most of it sans East Bay has little to no mountain view. And parts of the South Bay. Very flat, just hilly roads. Sacramento is mostly the same.

IMO, mountains are pretty and most of the jobs in CA aren't in the super-scenic areas. You can be in BC, live in an urban area, and see snowy peaks in July.

Old 04-02-2024, 09:34 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,303,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAsianContagion View Post
Most people in CA do not live around tall mountains like in the Lower Mainland, BC. Except maybe LA/parts of Socal.

No people in BC live close to beautiful sunny beaches either....in Cali they can.

California has more landscape variance than BC that is a fact and it has nothing to do on where jobs are concentrated.....in addition to that, mountains do not have the monopoly on nature's beauty. Florida has a gorgeous nature with some beautiful landscape even if its highest point it's only 350 feet!!!

Old 04-03-2024, 07:50 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito80 View Post
Shouldn't the Gaspe pensinula be considered Atlantic Canada?
Some people do consider it as such, yeah.

Old 04-03-2024, 11:01 AM

7 posts, read 3,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
No people in BC live close to beautiful sunny beaches either....in Cali they can.

California has more landscape variance than BC that is a fact and it has nothing to do on where jobs are concentrated.....in addition to that, mountains do not have the monopoly on nature's beauty. Florida has a gorgeous nature with some beautiful landscape even if its highest point it's only 350 feet!!!
Yeah but the beaches are absolutely cold. Just like BC. This isn’t the east coast or Florida.

Well while it has nothing to do with visiting your avg person in CA lives in a slightly prettier than avg in the US; only a fraction live in somewhere like the Berkeley Hills, Oakland Hills, Monterey, but I get your point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada