Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 01:01 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
You might end up with curry poutine.
Oh we already do.

Last night I actually had Vietnamese poutine from this restaurant:
https://www.facebook.com/BistroCoqLicorne/photos_by

It featured marinated Vietnamese pork, sweet and sour sauce, tempura green beans and other vegetables, all of it with the usual French fries and cheese curds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2024, 03:07 PM

1,225 posts, read 498,842 times
Curry chicken poutine already exists. So does butter chicken poutine. Both are pretty good. You can get butter chicken poutine at burger king now, lol.

That Vietnamese poutine sounds good. One of the best poutines I ever had was a jerk chicken poutine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I think there is a fine line between being open to Indian influence and newcomers, and being open to all of the socio-cultural norms of India gaining more and more ground and becoming normalized here.
Exactly!

Last edited by Luisito80; 04-24-2024 at 03:16 PM..

Old Today, 10:05 PM

4 posts
Default Embed of YouTube link didn't work

Nice! I watch Geneviève's channel from time to time to keep up with my French (I lived in Montréal and area for about 10 years). This is the first time I've ever heard her speak English, cool!

For anyone with a moderate amount of French, or fluent French from outside Canada, you might like this video. I re-watch it from time to time. Good summary of colloquial Québécois French. (took a while to get the link to work properly, I hope it shows up correctly now).

Last edited by OneHitWonder; Today at 10:18 PM.. Reason: Fixed URL for YouTube video so it would properly display video

Old Today, 10:20 PM

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
You might end up with curry poutine.
That actually sounds pretty good! I'd try it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada