Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2023, 10:00 AM

1,197 posts, read 528,803 times

Advertisements

I just saw a Dolores Cannon video on the subject - she worked with thousands of people, wrote many books - says cancer caused by repressed/suppressed anger, so believe it or not - work on appropriately expressing and releasing anger as a preventative (and open your mind to alternative remedies, if the spirit moves you).

I also just read a news blurb that there is a recent study showing that chemo actually CAUSES cancer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2023, 01:46 PM

23,259 posts, read 18,777,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
I also just read a news blurb that there is a recent study showing that chemo actually CAUSES cancer.
Broad brush statements like that aren't very useful, helpful and very often inaccurate. "News blurbs" tend to cherry pick and spin information, they're sensational and agenda-driven in order to evoke an emotional response. Cancer-related literature does demonstrate that some specific chemotherapy agents and other cancer treatments such as radiation can increase a patient's risk for developing a secondary cancer. This is certainly not the same thing as "chemo actually causes cancer", and it certainly isn't news. Treatment for such life-altering, potentially fatal disease comes with some inherent risk. People facing it need to weigh one risk (that the treatment will damage healthy cells along with unhealthy cells) against another (that their cancer will kill them whether they try treatment or not).

From folks who actually know something about secondary cancer risks:

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/surviv...itoxantrone%29

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/surviv...ent-risks.html

Last edited by Parnassia; 12-09-2023 at 03:16 PM..

Old 12-09-2023, 02:00 PM

2,048 posts, read 993,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
Definitely something to consider, and have always felt if I ever develop cancer I would seek alternative treatments, or simply nothing at all and accept my fate rather than fund the money machine of modern medicine.

For the same reason I don't plan to ever get a mammogram which has the potential to squish and mutate what might otherwise be a benign growth, fueling a malignancy from the force of the compression. The whole breast cancer campaign is a racket.

Old 12-09-2023, 02:14 PM

1,147 posts, read 861,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
Definitely something to consider, and have always felt if I ever develop cancer I would seek alternative treatments, or simply nothing at all and accept my fate rather than fund the money machine of modern medicine.

For the same reason, I don't plan to ever get a mammogram which has the potential to squish and mutate what might otherwise be a benign growth, fueling a malignancy from the force of the compression. The whole breast cancer campaign is a racket.
Well, I understand your position based on your own circumstances. The fact is if one is not screened for cancer then it will be missed until it has progressed to an advanced stage at which point it would probably be terminal at that stage. The choice for adequate treatment would have passed.

Your beliefs do not allow for early treatment and so I can understand your take on not getting any treatment for cancer. I do have a problem with your assertions on the medical science.

Most people do believe in early detection of cancer in order to intervene in its progression and do avail themselves of the benefits with informed consent with regards to the negatives.

Old 12-09-2023, 02:24 PM

23,259 posts, read 18,777,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical Lab Guy View Post
Well, I understand your position based on your own circumstances. The fact is if one is not screened for cancer then it will be missed until it has progressed to an advanced stage at which point it would probably be terminal at that stage. The choice for adequate treatment would have passed.

Your beliefs do not allow for early treatment and so I can understand your take on not getting any treatment for cancer. I do have a problem with your assertions on the medical science.

Most people do believe in early detection of cancer in order to intervene in its progression and do avail themselves of the benefits with informed consent with regards to the negatives.
Agree with this. I am a cancer survivor...I've been walking around on the planet as a pretty productive human being for 30 years since the positive mammogram that found my early onset cancer and after the surgery, chemo, and radiation to knock it back concluded. I fully agree that everyone has the right to make their own healthcare decisions based on informed consent. What I do have trouble with is some people's concept of "informed consent". Sadly, many times it is anything but. A person can allow fear and possibly some erroneous pre-conceived notion to blind them to all their options.

Last edited by Parnassia; 12-09-2023 at 03:19 PM..

Old 12-10-2023, 12:10 PM

349 posts, read 229,389 times
I see the ten therapies but there is nothing about sugar. Cutting out sugar and carbs don't cost anything and could possibly help with cutting out cancer.

Old 12-12-2023, 02:36 PM

9,114 posts, read 6,160,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-pro...t/art-20047246

"To help you sort out the good from the bad, here are 11 alternative cancer treatments that are generally safe. Plus, there is growing evidence that these treatments may provide some benefit."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4017674/

"Plants Against Cancer: A Review on Natural Phytochemicals in Preventing and Treating Cancers and Their Druggability"

So, it is not "one size fits all". Also, don't expect anyone to fund studies on alternatives, as there is no money in that, nor will we see the government fess up to the causes. I would rather look at preventing well before hand, which, of course our family has always done, than depend on the Medical Machine!

I have watched people go through cancer treatment, and it wasn't pretty. I also saw them die after spending a lot of money on the Big Pharma treatments, and watched them suffering from the treatments.

Seriously, spend time looking at a way to prevent it, along with other illnesses. There is a lot of info on prevention on the internet, and it is more worthwhile than FB or Twitter. Invest in your future!

The article from the Mayo Clinic indicates that there may be some relief from symptoms by using the alternative treatments in conjunction with traditional therapies, but not a cure. "Alternative cancer treatments can't cure your cancer, but they may provide some relief from signs and symptoms."

"Alternative cancer treatments may not play a direct role in curing your cancer, but they may help you cope with signs and symptoms caused by cancer and cancer treatments, such as anxiety, fatigue, nausea and vomiting, pain, difficulty sleeping, and stress.

But alternative or integrative treatments generally aren't powerful enough to replace standard treatments entirely.
"

Old 12-12-2023, 02:52 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,677,918 times
Quote:

For the same reason I don't plan to ever get a mammogram which has the potential to squish and mutate what might otherwise be a benign growth, fueling a malignancy from the force of the compression. The whole breast cancer campaign is a racket.
I am going the exact opposite direction. I am all in with modern medicine if I get cancer. There is a real reason the average person lives way longer now and superstition is not the answer.

Old 12-12-2023, 04:00 PM

37,101 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-pro...t/art-20047246

"To help you sort out the good from the bad, here are 11 alternative cancer treatments that are generally safe. Plus, there is growing evidence that these treatments may provide some benefit."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4017674/

"Plants Against Cancer: A Review on Natural Phytochemicals in Preventing and Treating Cancers and Their Druggability"

So, it is not "one size fits all". Also, don't expect anyone to fund studies on alternatives, as there is no money in that, nor will we see the government fess up to the causes. I would rather look at preventing well before hand, which, of course our family has always done, than depend on the Medical Machine!

I have watched people go through cancer treatment, and it wasn't pretty. I also saw them die after spending a lot of money on the Big Pharma treatments, and watched them suffering from the treatments.

Seriously, spend time looking at a way to prevent it, along with other illnesses. There is a lot of info on prevention on the internet, and it is more worthwhile than FB or Twitter. Invest in your future!
My older son was diagnosed with leukemia when he was 13. He turned 48 in September. Yes, treatment was awful but he survived. He's a wonderful, productive man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Unfortunately you dont understand that all of our food has to go through our gut and if that is not working correctly and if it is gummed up with old meat, seeds, nuts and other rubbish, then it cannot deliver the quality of nutrients which are needed to combat a serious illness.

Enemas help to clear out all that old stuff and coffee is probably used as a stimulant to get things working again.

As the last poster said - become informed and throw away those biases.
If your gut is "gummed up" the cause needs to be determined. Enemas cannot treat cancer.

Quote:

Compression of the breast for a mammogram does not cause cancer.

Old 12-12-2023, 08:39 PM

3,566 posts, read 1,493,605 times
You can always talk to your doc about your cancer, about conventional treatments and alternative treatments, and based on their answers and your philosophy on medicine choose to do the conventional treatment, the alternative treatment, or combine the two. In most cases, combining conventional and alternative remedies has no downside, and only upside. But speak to your doc to make sure the treatments don't conflict with each other.

13th on that list is "positive thinking." I have to disagree. We recognize the importance of positive thinking in curing cancer. Stress destroys the immune system and you need your immune system to squash the cancer. No matter what treatment course you choose to take, stay positive and hopeful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer