Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 12:43 PM

1 posts, read 11,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa64 View Post
I was wondering, does anyone know if you can use an AT&T go phone sim card in any AT&T cell phone?
Thanks!
Yes actually u can , I have been doing that for years ,now but it will give u the same service .If u have a contract it will work as a contract phone but if it is a Go phone it will work accordingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 11:02 PM

1 posts, read 11,111 times
I just got my Blackberry Storm 9550 unlocked from verizon, can i use it as a GoPhone with AT&T?

Old 08-12-2010, 03:24 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,298,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa64 View Post
I was wondering, does anyone know if you can use an AT&T go phone sim card in any AT&T cell phone?
Thanks!
I recently moved my Go Phone SIM from a Nokia phone to an AT&T Tilt smartphone. I can use all the feature like 3G mobile broadband, text etc. There haven't been any problems. However watch the amount of money spend on data transmission when you use the 3G internet connection. I woiuld avoid attempting to download large files, it can get a little expensive.

Go for it!

Old 08-15-2010, 03:51 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,802,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana123 View Post
I just got my Blackberry Storm 9550 unlocked from verizon, can i use it as a GoPhone with AT&T?
Verizon is CDMA, and AT&T is GSM.
If your Storm is one of those "switchables" (you can select either in the Options menu), I would say yes you can.
Get yourself a sim card from Amazon (that's what I did) for 1 cent and activate it via AT&T's Pay-as-you-go website.
Order the blue card with the red fireball. My sim isn't locked to my phone either. I could move it between phones at will since day one.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:45 AM

526 posts, read 1,058,234 times
ok i dont want to revive this thread but yes go to the AT&T store ask them for a new sim because they know goPhone sims only work in the phone you bought..
they gave me a free REGULAR AT&T SIM CARD THAT I USE IN MY iPhone

Old 11-12-2010, 10:33 AM

1 posts, read 10,483 times
so if i have a gophone simcard will it work in a walkman with no problems

Old 12-23-2010, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 10,139 times
Default Helpp

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertee View Post
I have a Blackberry curve and im using the At&t Go phone sim card in it, i was wondering if i can access the internet on it since it has wifi, without using the go-phone minutes?
How did you get your blackberry to work as a go phone please explain the steps you took????

Old 03-31-2011, 04:03 PM

1 posts, read 9,672 times
What are the problems is there if i use a blackberry? (Rarw92)

Old 10-10-2011, 12:52 AM

1 posts, read 8,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchockey View Post
I have a Blackberry curve and im using the At&t Go phone sim card in it, i was wondering if i can access the internet on it since it has wifi, without using the go-phone minutes?
Yes you can. Assuming that you already setup your wifi connection. Go to settings > options > advance options > browser. Change the default browser configuration to hotspot browser.

Last edited by Micmost; 10-10-2011 at 12:55 AM.. Reason: Wrong quote

Old 12-26-2011, 02:38 PM

2 posts, read 11,264 times
Question Can I put a Go Phone sim card in a Smartphone?

I am thinking about getting a smartphone like the Galaxy SII, but I don't want to pay for the data plan. Do you know if I can put my Go Phone sim card in the smartphone? Please respond quickly, thanks.
-Barbara
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones