Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 01:05 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,686,482 times

Advertisements

Heartland, USA.

Just west of the Mississippi river and north of the center of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 11:36 AM

24 posts, read 42,595 times
Where are you from the world
???

Old 08-03-2011, 11:40 AM

Sorry
You know the city of Ashdod
???

Old 08-06-2011, 02:04 PM

Tek_Freek
???

Old 02-22-2012, 09:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
What I have said from the begining is you cannot track someone down without their consent or without physically enabling the feature on their phone, in the OP's case she can't track down her son without access to his phone, so if you agree with me what was the point of arguing?
KarmaPhx, you are being a very stubborn fool. I bet you hardly ever utter the words, "wow, you're right, I was wrong, or I see your point". Even now I can see you saying "but I wasn't wrong and I do know what I'm talking about"... Dude, I feel like I'm waisting my time responding to a 3 year old argument so I'm not gonna list all the things that you said that we're wrong but I hope you've grown and changed your argument style. It just makes people think you're a fool and you don't change anyone's mind. Seek the truth, not to be right.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:34 AM

18 posts, read 40,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dester View Post
My son has been staying out way too late... is there a way I could track his cell phone number? I've tried using the free ones on the internet, but they all give different locations.
I'm thinking maybe only the phone service provider would be able to help.
I'm making the assumption this is a Smart Phone. there are Dozens of Apps that will do this *AND* the good news for you, you can tell your son it's for Anti-Virus Purposes. (most of them have that built in feature).

It's not absolutely perfect (due to the inherent limitations of GPS Satellites)--ie, if he's in a Mall, the last Ping of the GPS will be the mall (but will not continue to track inside of course).

The Keyword you want to use when looking for the APP is
"Lost Cell Phone Locator"
"lost cell phone tracker" (those type variations).

By the way, some also offer an "Alarm" (web interface) so if you lose it say inside your house like I did the other day.
I set my phone to "Alarm" /"SIREN"--LIKE *LOUD to find it. Glad had the feature, was under a stack of unfolded clothes..never would have found it!

I use "Lookout Security"---just went onto the web interface (see where my phone was)--Pinpointed me in 5-seconds. Again, I live in a High rise Condo, so can't "SEE" the Unit....but least let's you know where he is.

And it truly is very valuable as an Antivirus *AND*--you can password Protect. This is so a "bad guy" (or kid)--can't uninstall the device off the phone0 to keep you from tracking and TAH DAH!! IT's FREE!

(enhanced features are "Remote Wipe" (if truly lost/stolen)--at least get all your private stuff (or his) off it. Or "Remote Lock"--Geek speak, turn it into a "brick" (completely non-functional).

Oh and if you have problems with your child hanging out with a wrong crowd (ie. don't want him at particular house and/or Particular locations--Other Apps (for FREE/Fee maybe free)--will let you set up "Boundaries"/"Black Zones"--so should he enter that zone--you can have it text/email you whatever.

If you use it though, use 'Strict" rules--ie. don't have it set to "Don't want him on Blueberry lane" (could false alarm--if he's passing it, whatever)--but you can put, 123 Blueberry lane--and will work just fine if he shows up/parks there (stops moving)--only takes the ping a few seconds--ping a few more make sure he's THERE---and *BUST* the scaly wag! :-)

Last edited by Thedude2009; 10-21-2012 at 03:50 AM..

Old 10-21-2012, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPhx View Post
No you can't unless their son enables the location feature, even then you can't just track someone without the proper knowledge.
I realize your note is old, however there's DOZENS of Apps that allow tis feature (tracking of a *KNOWN*--"OWNED* phone--all FREE--and they double as AntiVirus--so a Parent for example, can put on explain it's for Antivirus purposes AND PW Protect it from being Uninstalled from the pone.

Apology, I was wrong on the "POWER UP"--however you can "LOCK" (a powered off phone)--such that when it comes back on line (you can use web interface to see where it is, unlock, call your kid to come HOME NOW! :-)

Last edited by Thedude2009; 10-21-2012 at 03:57 AM..

Old 10-21-2012, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownHarrisburg View Post
Just a friendly note - if English isn't your primary language, then please know that we are having a hard time understanding you.

If English IS your primary language, then please know that we are having a hard time understanding you.

There is no software that can be installed on your PC to track someone else's cell phone.
He might be confused. There *IS* an App to install (obviously has to be a phone owned by you or have access to---ie. Android will let you remote install Applications).

You then go to a Web Interface---to track the phone.

However to clarify to above person you cannot "randomly" pick a friend's number--put it into some Web Interface, then have it track (someone already said HUGE Privacy Implications).

Naturally LAW ENFORCEMENT CAN--so the Technology Exists. So, if you're not LE, you're out of luck on tracking that EX Girlfriend :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones