Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 07:57 PM

76 posts, read 151,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bntennessee View Post
I love Chattanooga, wish I lived there! My sister lives near by in Harrison and every time I visit I cant get enough of it! Never been bored there ever! And seriously any of you that think the Chattanooga folk are rude better not ever attempt my town of Orlando! It was just said on the news a few nights ago that we (Orlando) were voted #9 in the top 10 rudest cities in America (AGAIN)!
We are in Orlando too (for a 1 1/2yr longer) and I full on do not doubt this news story. We moved here in 97 and I cant believe how bad it has gotten in Orlando. The crime, the people, the aggrivation!

Old 01-22-2011, 11:00 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,273,471 times
I lived in Orlando from 96 to 98! Yes, I've heard that it is much worse, now. It really depends on where you live, though.

Sorry, but I visited Chattanooga in 05. It's a great place for tourism and I can't imagine being bored, but in the end, I'm glad we settled in Knoxville. And yes, a lot of the problem with Chattanooga is it transplants that never quit whining about the city.

Your mileage may vary.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:28 AM

352 posts, read 883,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I lived in Orlando from 96 to 98! Yes, I've heard that it is much worse, now. It really depends on where you live, though.

Sorry, but I visited Chattanooga in 05. It's a great place for tourism and I can't imagine being bored, but in the end, I'm glad we settled in Knoxville. And yes, a lot of the problem with Chattanooga is it transplants that never quit whining about the city.

Your mileage may vary.

05 was a long way back. How on a visit did you meet so many transplants? Was it that long of a visit. Heck, I have lived here my whole life and if I have met that many transplants i sure as heck didn't know it, and those I have , I don't hear any harsh words about our city.
Course, transplants aren't transplants long, it doesn't generally take that long in this town to become a "native"

Old 01-24-2011, 11:41 AM

623 posts, read 1,602,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post

Your mileage may vary.
I'm glad you settled on Knoxville too. Don't need folks like you giving us transplants a bad name. We love it in Chattanooga.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:55 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,630,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
My husband was also unimpressed with chatty and he went up there with the intention of looking for a job and us moving there and guess what ? we never moved there and this was five yrs ago and glad we did not move there . we had a real estate agent helping us to find a place to rent and she was useless and the landlords we were dealing with , were renting rat holes and nasty places . Most of them were very greedy and I would equate them with slumlords . I have heard ppl from nashville say that in their opinion chatty is a dirty city and they would never livethere . I m just telling our expierience so dont get mad .
You live in Ohio, so has does one go up to TN from Ohio?

Old 01-28-2011, 09:51 AM

65 posts, read 181,227 times
I'm sorry to hear about people who are unimpressed by Chattanooga. To be honest I was feeling a little bored after living here for 6 months, but then I end up finding a new hobby. If you're solely into clubs, bar hopping, lounges, music and good live bands, then Chattanooga will be a bit of a let down. If you like the outdoor adventures, friendly people, smaller city atmosphere, and some of the country life then you will like what Chattanooga has to offer.

There are quite a few things to do besides the tourism aspect, but you have to find it yourself. For any out there thinking about stopping by for a visit check out chattanoogahasfun.com. There's another site, but can't remember it.

Old 12-25-2012, 02:06 PM

12 posts, read 15,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2MoveWest View Post
That's because you spent an extra day. OP was in Chattanooga for 2 weeks. I've done all you mentioned over a weekend. You must be from an even smaller city. Maybe one in N GA.

We live in Chicago and just bought a house in Ringgold. We're stuck in Chicago until July when our lease is up but we go down to visit our house every 6 weeks.
We go down 4 days at a time, and, after 4 visits we still haven't seen and done everything we want to do.
There is so much do do here that I don't think we'll ever get bored.

I just have one question, why would you want to go to ****cago? Its a cesspool.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:30 PM

52 posts, read 77,456 times
Wow, I have seen a lot of these United States and find some pretty good things about most of the places where I have lived and visited. No place is perfect and everywhere I have ever been has something special about it. albeit you might have to look real hard. Its usually the folk I meet that usually make a place special for me. Having said that I request that most of you stay the hell away from me.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:23 AM

9,469 posts, read 10,799,394 times
I find it hard to believe that someone could be bored in Chattanooga after only 2 days. So much to see and do in that area, Aquarium, touristy stuff at lookout mountain, Chattanooga/Chickamauga battlefield and of course the outdoor type activities in the mountains. Also ive always found the people there to be nice. I dont live in Chattanooga, I live in another part of east Tennessee so Im only giving my impression as a visitor. I will say though ive been there plenty of times and love the city.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:23 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,747,586 times
Boilermakers from the Chattanooga local came up and worked with us in Chicago when we had more work than we could handle and they were top hands; intelligent, self starting and with an excellent work ethic akin to that of Midwesterners. Very admirable fellas.

Chattanooga is one of my favorite towns and I always look forward to passing through and staying an extra day or two. You can entertain yourself for several days just exploring the history. The three years my wife and I lived in Lexington KY Chattanooga was a destination for short 2 and 3 day trips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga