Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2021, 06:18 AM

32 posts, read 24,158 times

Advertisements

Where in or near Chattanooga can I buy a house that is not closes to other houses? I don't need a lot of acreage, but maybe half or quarter acre that allows a lot of room between houses. I have some flexibility in price - looking at up to about $250K. I need to have room for fencing in yard for my beautiful dog, Dexter (hence my name on City Data). I also enjoy gardening so room for vegetable garden and maybe a couple of fruit trees. I love a simple life and my hobbies are reading, writing, and power tools. Prefer a house that does not need work - I am okay with cosmetics, but not major repairs. I would love to decorate to make the home "mine."

Last edited by DexterFloyd; 09-20-2021 at 06:22 AM.. Reason: Added information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2022, 01:06 PM

361 posts, read 861,457 times
I just came across your post and see you have not had any replies yet so I was going to suggest one place you check with is the Home Builders Association of Greater Chattanooga. They may be able to recommend new developments or some older one's which may be sold out but would have homes for resale. Also contact a realtor or use Realtor.com and restrict the search for what you are looking for. We built near Cleveland TN and there are a several newer developments but I'm not sure on the lot sizes except for two locations, Eagle Creek and Falcon Crest; both may have the size lot your looking for but you would be about 25 minutes out from the edge of Chattanooga.

Old 01-23-2022, 01:20 PM

1,960 posts, read 4,662,361 times
I've been passively looking at Chattanooga (prefer TN taxes to GA, otherwise I'd be all over Athens) after military retirement, and have a similar complaint about the tract housing hell I currently live in TX. From my cursory look on google maps, it's doubtful new construction will have elbow room in Chatt. It's all postage stamp lots and cookie cutter suburbia. With inflation and the WFH migration crowd congesting up every medium to small sized metro, $250K won't let you escape cheek-to-jowl housing, new or resale. You have to go "no-internet" rural for that.

When I think of elbow room in a suburban environment, this is what I mean, before we start talking past each other. I don't think this kind of lot separation exists in Chatt. If there is, Im all ears, cuz I might have to buy now and not in 10 years at the rate things are going! lol

Old 01-23-2022, 09:09 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,012,042 times
If you are thinking Chattanooga/Hamilton County. Think north end of the county, you can still buy acreage and houses with acreage. The County just purchased a large tract known as The MacDonald Farm, over 2,000 acres in my community, hated to see it go. When it was announced early last year, people started getting unsolicited offers for their property. Land still available around here but the price has gone up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga