Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 09:51 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,289,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
I'd have you come over and help us move furniture to our new house

Shameless, shameless, shameless!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 11:58 AM

734 posts, read 2,617,258 times
So it's been a few days since I've gotten back, but I thought it might be worth giving my synopsis of my brief stay:

First off, I'd like to say that I consider Ohio drivers to be probably the worst batch of drivers overall that I've ever come across. After my experience in Tennessee, I can say that the drivers there certainly give Ohio a run for its money. Ohio still wins hands-down in my book but there were A LOT of horrible drivers in Tennessee. I'm not sure what's up with that. On a side note, the drivers I came across in Kentucky seemed to know how to actually operate a vehicle. Props to them.

My first night down I surprised one of my friends down there who had absolutely zero clue I was coming. We timed it out so that I would arrive down there (Ooltewah) about a half hour before he got home from work. He walks in and sees me sitting there and is shellshocked. Later that evening we all went out downtown and ate and drank and generally just had a fun time. Afterwards we walked along the river down to the pedestrian bridge and then walked across to the park on the other side. On the way back we just checked out a few of the stores down there and got some ice cream.

Friday night we went to the Electric Cowboy. This was not really my type of place (country bar) but I gave it a chance and had a decent time. I got destroyed in pool and enjoyed looking at the scenery ifyouknowwhatImean. Watching the older people dancing was pretty hilarious.

Saturday we drove down towards a park near the dam and went fishing on the river a good part of the day. Friends caught a few blue gills. Seeing a few blue herons was pretty cool...you don't see that many up where I'm from.

Sunday we played tennis during the day at the Adventist college, very nice courts there. Unfortunately it was unbearably hot that day so that didn't last too long. I grilled out that night for dinner and we later went to the movies.

Monday night we ate downtown again and then went to the Lookouts game afterwards. There wasn't a ton of people there but I guess that was okay since we all ended up getting baseballs in the stands. It was a long game but the people sitting nearby were chatty so that helped pass the time.

Tuesday I just got up and drove home.

I couldn't get over how much gas was there. The day I left, I filled up for $3.38 a gallon. When I got home later that day the gas stations around my place were all $3.99 a gallon. Honestly, whenever I overheard somebody down there complaining about gas prices I wanted to vomit. You people don't know how fortunate you are.

Everyone's attitudes down there were very pleasant and everyone seemed relatively friendly. The people were generally much more favorable compared to the people in the city I'm in right now. That was a bonus.

I still can't get over grits.

The Great Lakes region has better microbrews compared to what I tasted down there, sorry.

Chattanooga had a lot more going on than what I expected. I would never move there, but it's not because it's not a nice city. Mainly because of the weather.

The bartender at the pizza place wanted me, I know it.

That is all.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:16 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,682,024 times
thanks for the review and leaving some of your money here in town. Pre-she-ate-it!

Old 08-22-2008, 01:26 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,654,480 times
Cool! We actually got an update from a visit!

Jrmontag, that bartender said you were cute but a little bougie, sorry ROFL

Old 08-22-2008, 01:48 PM

Yes please, by all means...rain on my parade

Old 08-22-2008, 02:03 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,654,480 times
I am not even sure what bougie means but it does sound cute so you must be TOO hot for him and he's intimidated. Typical *sigh* lol

Old 08-22-2008, 02:35 PM

WHOA......'him' is a her

Old 08-24-2008, 05:50 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,682,024 times
To quote one of the movies so dear to us who grew up in the 80's, "ok everyone out of bed - the sexual revolution is over."

Care to take a guess?

Old 08-24-2008, 05:58 AM

849 posts, read 2,954,897 times
Bachelor Party?

Old 08-25-2008, 05:55 AM

380 posts, read 1,178,445 times
Jrmontag, I was one of the other 15 people at that Lookouts game last monday. I probably saw you and didn't even know it! Glad you had a good visit, you'll have to come back again and spend more time downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga