Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 06:30 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times

Advertisements

That was hilarious!

Glad you are okay. It takes a little bit of getting use to driving around here. Of course, I'm used to the hills, since I came from the same terrain.

I hope Beachbyrd's mom is okay?

Where are we going tomorrow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2007, 06:56 PM

85 posts, read 405,891 times
You have Athens and Cleveland located between Knoxville and Chattanooga....Check them out...both have small town flavors.
I'd move there in a heart beat if I had my druthers....( either one )

Old 03-29-2007, 07:08 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,683,240 times
just got back from dinner at Porto Fino's on 41....it was "ok"

as for tomorrow...we have to vacate the hotel room. Most of the city is booked up because of three conventions taking place here in Chattanooga.....so we are going to drive north up to Cleveland for a bit, (Duff, based on your recommendation we may drive through Athens too) but plan to make our way up to Knoxville!

hiknapster....what do you recommend we see/do/stay. the plan would be to stay there Friday night. Who knows what will do afterwards.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:33 PM

My husband and I have been wracking our brains for about fifteen minutes. We have no idea what to recommend.

What are you looking for? Homes? The type in Red Bank, well, I'm not sure. I don't think so.

Attractions? Well, you can go downtown. It is not Chattanooga, though.

What kind of hotel?

Near what?

I know of ONE local restaurant that is great. Litton's.
We will direct you to there.

Write back and tell us what you are looking for. I will help you out.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:52 PM

here's some video (http://my.videoegg.com/video/dMCIoC - broken link) of when we got "lost" looking for Ooltewah. We took exit 11 off 75 and headed east...and kept going on Lee Hwy way way out. Finally we turned on road crossing the RR tracks and just enjoyed the rural scenery.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:03 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
Ok TriDad, NOW I see why you wanted to see my videos of East TN LOL!!! Sorry, I don't know how to do that? Make video then put them on the computer. But I LOVED yours! Thank you so much for posting them and keeping us up to date with what you are finding on your trip.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:07 PM

Default knoxville tips

i think we read about some hotel that was very clean yet affordable a month or so ago here on the forum. As for what to see....the research we'd done previously pointed us to North Knoxville as having home in our range.

We're looking for at least a 3/2 with garage on something more than a postage stamp of land. 1500+ sq feet with good areas for kids to play (our daughter will be 2 this summer)

I'd also like to drive around the business/industrial district and get a feel for the area. Being in the insurance business, most of my clients are small/medium sized companies. I'm pretty sure that Knoxville has more of the business climate I'm looking for--more so than Chattanooga.

any tips on good restaurants are welcome. It could be fun if locals from the board were to dine with Mom & I

Old 03-29-2007, 08:11 PM

my MIL is doing good...she may be over doing things at times. LW & my daughter are enjoying exclusive time together, but we miss each other a lot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
That was hilarious!

Glad you are okay. It takes a little bit of getting use to driving around here. Of course, I'm used to the hills, since I came from the same terrain.

I hope Beachbyrd's mom is okay?

Where are we going tomorrow?

Old 03-29-2007, 08:46 PM

I am so glad that your MIL is doing well. Overdoing it is probably a great sign. I need surgery in less than a month, so I can relate!

Yes, I guess some of those homes were ugly, but...well, I would love to buy one! I live in a rented mobile home!

The trees are beautiful, though, aren't they?

I'm not sure what you do, and what kind of industrial park you are looking for. I worked for an insurance company for many years, but that was many years ago, and in Massachusetts. What is your business?

What is your timeline? Maybe you could head to Tri-Cities next? I would love to travel there! I can go through you vicariously?

Perhaps we can meet for dinner? I would love to meet JMT and see if he would like to come. Anyone else that I can't think of now may want to come too?

There are hotels that are downtown. You might want to try there. Also, there are a few decent ones on Merchant's and Emory which is off I-75, which is where I am. That would be north of the city.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:47 PM

13,353 posts, read 39,963,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
i think we read about some hotel that was very clean yet affordable a month or so ago here on the forum. As for what to see....the research we'd done previously pointed us to North Knoxville as having home in our range.

We're looking for at least a 3/2 with garage on something more than a postage stamp of land. 1500+ sq feet with good areas for kids to play (our daughter will be 2 this summer)

I'd also like to drive around the business/industrial district and get a feel for the area. Being in the insurance business, most of my clients are small/medium sized companies. I'm pretty sure that Knoxville has more of the business climate I'm looking for--more so than Chattanooga.

any tips on good restaurants are welcome. It could be fun if locals from the board were to dine with Mom & I
I loved that video, too! Great job.

And yes, North Knox might be more your speed. You can also get some good stuff in East Knox (not East Knoxville, but East Knox County). It's sooo beautiful in East Knox County. Look around Asheville Hwy and Strawberry Plains Pike. Both are right off I-40 and you can zip into downtown in 10-15 minutes.

I agree with hiknapster, Litton's is a GREAT place for lunch! Best burgers in town. And holy cow their desserts are fantastic. It's in Fountain City (also a great area).

Have a great trip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga