Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 09:23 AM

600 posts, read 2,260,393 times

Advertisements

The Ethan Allen we had at Hamilton Place closed a few years back. I guess they couldn't pull it off here.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:19 PM

623 posts, read 1,542,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmarian View Post
Voldude, I think you are taking the last couple posts out of context. finance and I were both referring to the internetish-unfact by sgrizz : So you're right, it would be a better comparison to look at other small cities, but then the irony would have been lost. I don't think anyone doubts there are some wealthy people here. Perhaps some even post here on this message board out of boredom. But the point remains: there aren't a lot of billionaires in the noog.
I didn't take anything out of context. Your comrade is the one who brought up Atl, not the one who made the ridiculous statement about billionaires living here. The comparision between the two areas is practically green beans vs mangos, very weak at best, and the mention of those nouveau riche establishments was just comical. It went from discrediting that obviously misinformed poster to making goofy comparisions with a very sarcastic, "I'm new to the area but I know everything" sort of tone. I'd venture to guess that the same assumption that there isn't as much wealth here as locals think is about as educated as sgrizz's post.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga