Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 03:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,842 times

Advertisements

It is such a shame that in this day in age that people are still IGNORANT! Just because someone has low income don't mean their ghetto or dirty,it's just times are hard.Majority of people with low income do work and very clean,they want their kids to have the best education just like you. No one want to be POOR.... Give people a chance you might find out you like them. STOP DISCRIMINATING AGAINST LOW INCOME FAMILIES........YOU MIGHT BE ONE ONE DAY. *******S!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 04:15 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,075,201 times
dntlikeignorant people: On an individual basis I agree, but statistically all else equal you will find more peace, better manners, less violence, and better institutions in an area with fewer poor people. Without being able to get to know everyone personally before moving into an area, the best you can do is look to avoid the gross signals of dysfunction. Thus, I don't blame people for lamenting signs of Section 8, etc. To look down on an individual for having financial troubles though is the height of ignorance in my opinion.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:29 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,031,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Lansing is alright. The crime rate for 2007 is still below average. If you feel unsafe in Lansing, then you are paranoid.
It depends. Anyone who strives for or thinks average is good is the one who has the problem. Not the one who feels unsafe in Lansing because all their life they've lived and been in a much safer environment. The National Average is the minimum, IMO. Anything lower than the minimum is a failed community. Lansing is not a failed community but it is teetering on the same exact brink that many of its' neighbors didn't overcome.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:17 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,919,932 times
Arrow *Sigh...*

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
They don't have to look like a war zone to be filled with guns and violence. Just ask Park Forest or Country Club Hills. Heck, C.C. Hills looks great when you drive through. Then the next thing you know, they'll have 5 murders in 10 days. It all depends on your subjective viewpoint on what good is...
Wow, what not so wonderful description....

Last edited by deechee; 06-17-2009 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: formatting

Old 06-18-2009, 05:51 PM

274 posts, read 709,182 times
Alright this Lansing going down the tubes, dumps, whatever needs to stop! Do you think Lansing's neighbors such as Munster, etc. will allow for it to become a Harvey?
If Lansing does decline, it would probably be similar to Blue Island.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,597 times
Is Lansing going down the tubes? In a word YES! I am fortunate enough to be leaving Lansing for a small town in Connecticut this month and after the 4th of July weekend, it can't be soon enough.

My question after reading several posts on here is, What will it take for people to be honest and admit that nobody has ever been happy that there town has gone black. It is not racist to state facts that are associated with the transition and dramatic increase in blacks in any given town. If anyone can dispute this please tell me where this black Utopia exists and I will gladly retract my statement and apologize. Graffiti is on the rise, my wife just witnessed what appeared to be a drug deal today, and quite frankly I do not enjoy bringing my kids to the park I went to when I was a kid. It was just lovely when a daycare van from Dolton, I believe rolled up, the other day. Only through honesty can problems be solved. I, along with other whites, are not paranoid for noticing the uncivilized behavior of a far greater percentage of blacks than whites. Nor are we racists, we just unapologetically call it like we see it. Just last week, two black ladies all done up with their do's and nails, driving in their cadillac were in front of me on Torrence waiting for a train to pass. the window goes down and out goes a handful of garbage. I have seen this so many times, it makes me sick. Be honest and admit predominantly black neighborhoods across the country suck and it is for no other reason than the very black people that make up those towns. Lansing with all of the small homes can not stand a chance against "diversity". Also, if you think the police report all of the crime that goes on, you are in denial on that as much as you are about blacks screwing up towns they flock to.

Rant Over

Old 07-12-2009, 07:25 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,194,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Left Lansing View Post
Is Lansing going down the tubes? In a word YES! I am fortunate enough to be leaving Lansing for a small town in Connecticut this month and after the 4th of July weekend, it can't be soon enough.

My question after reading several posts on here is, What will it take for people to be honest and admit that nobody has ever been happy that there town has gone black. It is not racist to state facts that are associated with the transition and dramatic increase in blacks in any given town. If anyone can dispute this please tell me where this black Utopia exists and I will gladly retract my statement and apologize. Graffiti is on the rise, my wife just witnessed what appeared to be a drug deal today, and quite frankly I do not enjoy bringing my kids to the park I went to when I was a kid. It was just lovely when a daycare van from Dolton, I believe rolled up, the other day. Only through honesty can problems be solved. I, along with other whites, are not paranoid for noticing the uncivilized behavior of a far greater percentage of blacks than whites. Nor are we racists, we just unapologetically call it like we see it. Just last week, two black ladies all done up with their do's and nails, driving in their cadillac were in front of me on Torrence waiting for a train to pass. the window goes down and out goes a handful of garbage. I have seen this so many times, it makes me sick. Be honest and admit predominantly black neighborhoods across the country suck and it is for no other reason than the very black people that make up those towns. Lansing with all of the small homes can not stand a chance against "diversity". Also, if you think the police report all of the crime that goes on, you are in denial on that as much as you are about blacks screwing up towns they flock to.

Rant Over
Olympia Fields, IL- Median income $108,000, 60% black
Flossmoor, IL- Median Income $107,000, 30% black

Both of these communities have a low crime rate and have sizable black populations.
Lansing actually have a low crime rate, Lansing is no way in shape or form the hood. Lansing was over 80% white according to 2000 census, and I'm sure its still is majority white. I know Lansing is not as squicky clean like its use to, but the Lansing is still quit.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 07-12-2009 at 08:10 PM..

Old 07-12-2009, 07:56 PM

The honesty is appreciated.

Quote:

Rant Over

Old 07-12-2009, 10:24 PM

274 posts, read 709,182 times
Quote:

Rant Over
What makes you think they lived in Lansing? Torrance is a major street that takes you from Chicago to Sauk Village. They could have been from Calumet City, Burnham, etc. just travling through.

As I stated before, if Lansing does decline, it would be another Blue Island.

You also owe Chicagoland60426 an apology for showing you two great examples. Have a good day white flighter...

Old 07-12-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinB74 View Post
Another ***** white liberal, dumbsh*t. Go seek psychiatric help.
If he doesn't want to live around black people then that's his choice and he can move anywhere he wants. Maybe he doesn't want to live around animals who have no respect for their surroundings.
Isn't he black?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs