Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 08:35 AM

64 posts, read 439,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanGuy View Post
That hill was part of my life for the entire time I lived in Glenview from 1980 to 1993.
Then I'm sure you remember this path from Elm Street to Elm Park.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 08:38 AM

No picture thread of Glenview would be complete without a picture of the Glenview house. Not really a historical picture, but that place hasn't changed much so it doesn't matter.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:43 AM

These pictures of a memorial in Manor Park were taken in June of 2007. I don't know if it's still there. Does anybody know the story behind the memorial?

Old 03-06-2009, 09:42 PM

29 posts, read 175,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elm Street Alumni View Post
Then I'm sure you remember this path from Elm Street to Elm Park.
Of course, I walked and rode my bikes through there many hundreds of times.

Sometimes I would take that path just to go behind the hill to hang out back there.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanGuy View Post
Of course, I walked and rode my bikes through there many hundreds of times.

Sometimes I would take that path just to go behind the hill to hang out back there.
You may have me beat with the "hundreds of times", but I'm a close second...LOL.

I was in Glenview back in August of 2008 and I shot a short video from the top of the hill. You can view it at the link below. Like you, I have plenty of memories on top of, on the way down, at the bottom, and behind the hill...

YouTube - elm park hill

Old 03-07-2009, 05:42 PM

In an attempt to get back to the "Historical" topic, I decided to post a couple scans of the original realtor flyer advertising my childhood home before my parents bought it in 1964.

Check out that price!

Old 03-14-2009, 07:58 PM

Unbelievable. Somebody needs a drug test. Is nothing sacred? The landmarks of my childhood are slowly being molested one by one. The latest?.... Manor Park Clubhouse. The MPC has been Log Cabin Brown as long as I can remember. On my most recent visit (3-9-2009) I discovered that some hippie from the LSD generation thought the Clubhouse would look cool in the color pictured below. I don't even know what to call it. My God... Somebody please sandblast that nonsense off of there and we'll just forget this ever happened...

Before:

After:

Old 04-20-2009, 03:30 AM

5 posts, read 31,496 times
Interesting thread. I have lived in GV since 1973. Seen it change IMHO for the better.

I was actually posting links to our 31 year reunion web site and came across this post.
If you or anyone you know is from the school years of 1975-1978 Glenbrook South Graduating class of 1978, we are looking for you. [url=http://www.classcreator.com/Glenview-IL-Glenbrook-South-1978/]Glenbrook South High School Class Of 1978, Glenview, IL[/url]
http://www.classcreator.com/userfile...fied.found.gif

Suburban Guy: I recognize that house on Harrison, across the street from the Hoffman home

McD's on Waukegan and on Milwaukee are getting make overs

The town has changed immensely with the Glen replacing the NASGV, which they have a web site also [url=http://www.hangarone.org/NewLayoutIndex.asp]Welcome to HangarOne[/url]

Remember Grover's Oyster Bar, The Sail Inn, The Ark, Boondocks/Pepperplums all gone ,but not forgotten.

The Glenview History Center has a wealth of information and photos from many parts of GV.
http://www.glenviewhistory.org/ (broken link)

Any questions on Glenview, feel free to ask [email]19GBS78@Gmail.com[/email]

Old 04-20-2009, 09:15 AM

Glenview Guy,
Hope your 31 year reunion goes well. I'm going to my 30 year Maine North reunion this year.

I'm guessing you've tried this already, but you can find lots of classmates on classmates.com. You can also find them on FaceBook by searching for "Glenbrook South". And here's a website that might help:

Glenbrook South High School Alumni Glenview Illinois IL Reunion

When you find everybody make sure to tell them about this thread so they can upload historical pictures of Glenview! haha

Here's one more website I've used to find people:

The Official WhitePages - Find People for Free

Good Luck!

Old 08-08-2009, 07:57 AM

1 posts, read 6,421 times
hey suburbanguy, 2226 harrison is back on the market.. My wife and I put an offer on it yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs