Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2024, 03:58 PM

52 posts, read 24,126 times

Advertisements

No mention of West Loop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2024, 10:35 AM

54 posts, read 79,750 times
Hey, do you all have any Intel on these spots?
"1407 On Michigan" (complex near the loop)
"Inspire West Town" in West Town
"The Bush Temple" in Lincoln Park
"Hugo River North"

These came up during my search. I'm taking the Amtrak from Minneapolis next weekend to check them out. Why does every apartment complex charge $300/month for parking--it's excessive me thinks.

Old 02-29-2024, 01:11 PM

3,918 posts, read 6,829,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UP 270 View Post
Hey, do you all have any Intel on these spots?
"1407 On Michigan" (complex near the loop)
"Inspire West Town" in West Town
"The Bush Temple" in Lincoln Park
"Hugo River North"
The Bush Template is actually river north/gold coast, isn't it? I don't know a bush temple in lincoln park.

I also can't comment on the buildings themselves but River North and Gold Coast are good areas for a 40YO person. It tends to be an older/mixed crowd unlike areas in Lincoln Park which are largely 20-30 somethings, especially because of the college. Parking in River North will be difficult to find much cheaper than 300.

The Inspire West Town won't have near the same busy and populated feel that River North would have. Not sure if that's a pro or a con for you but its something you need to weigh. Parking will be easier to find around the west loop than in River North.

Finally, 1407 will be a little bit of a sterile area to live. Not much activity around there on the weekends. That area is going to have a higher majority black residents compared to the others though, so keep that in mind.

Quote:
These came up during my search. I'm taking the Amtrak from Minneapolis next weekend to check them out. Why does every apartment complex charge $300/month for parking--it's excessive me thinks.
Parking is expensive in Chicago. You might be able to find better deals parking in another building or a public garage, but you likely won't find anything cheaper than 200 a month. I recommend ditching the car entirely if you don't think you'll be visiting the burbs or traveling via car much. It's easy to get by without a car in Chicago if your budget doesn't allow for it.

Old 03-02-2024, 12:16 PM

Thanks ChiGuy. How about the "Presidential Towers"? I like the gym there.

Old 03-04-2024, 09:04 AM

3,918 posts, read 6,829,377 times
Quote:
Thanks ChiGuy. How about the "Presidential Towers"? I like the gym there.
I've always heard great things about the presidential towers. I knew a couple of people who lived there consecutive years. The area has gotten a lot more trendy lately too. Fulton Market has an excellent selection of bars and restaurants.

I'd say go for it if it fits the bill.

Old 03-04-2024, 08:49 PM

These are the spots I'll be checking out:
Next Apartments
North and Vine
Sono East
State and Chestnut
Marquee at block 37
Alta at K Station
Residences at New City
Presidential Towers

Decent Google reviews, parking, and treadmills that don't face a wall. Heaven.

Old 03-05-2024, 09:29 AM

2,191 posts, read 1,847,019 times
Inspire West Town is RIGHT next to the expressway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago