Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 04:24 PM

268 posts, read 371,738 times

Advertisements

^^^ As far as the fried chicken goes, we are in very close proximity to the "Fried Chicken Trail" - so some of that must have rubbed off on us.

There are several locations of the Squirrel around town, but my favorite is the one on Dalton, near my office. Maybe 10 tables, and it does mostly carryout. A good 60 different sandwiches, give or take a couple, and some pre-made salads, and a soup of the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 05:56 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,809,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryOn View Post
^^^ As far as the fried chicken goes, we are in very close proximity to the "Fried Chicken Trail" - so some of that must have rubbed off on us.

There are several locations of the Squirrel around town, but my favorite is the one on Dalton, near my office. Maybe 10 tables, and it does mostly carryout. A good 60 different sandwiches, give or take a couple, and some pre-made salads, and a soup of the day.
What is the Squirrel, a bar/grill, a deli, or what. I have certainly heard of them, just never been there.

Old 06-05-2014, 06:29 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,298,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
^^^ Frankly I have never been to Chipotle. I prefer the smaller outfits, meaning non-chain.

But it sounds like I need to give Moe's a try.
Not Moe's! Chipotle rules ... just so much more tasty. Whenever I return to Cinti (or travel) I look for the closest Chipotle. We're getting our first one here in Charleston, SC this summer ....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 06-06-2014, 05:21 AM

Quote:
What is the Squirrel, a bar/grill, a deli, or what. I have certainly heard of them, just never been there.
It's mainly a sandwich shop. Some of the larger locations (like the one in Fairfield) are much more like a proper restaurant, with printed menus, table service, desserts, things like that. The location I like, though (Dalton), just has a few tables and a walk-up counter, no dishes, no table service, and the menu is up on the wall over the counter.

They have a big variety of sandwiches; triple-deckers, double-deckers, singles, some hot sandwiches, a small selection of salads, and a different soup each day. If you don't see what you like, you can tell them what you want and they'll usually make it for you.

I usually get a single turkey and swiss on rye (toasted) and that comes with a pickle and chips or pretzels, and I think it's $5.25.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryOn View Post
It's mainly a sandwich shop. Some of the larger locations (like the one in Fairfield) are much more like a proper restaurant, with printed menus, table service, desserts, things like that. The location I like, though (Dalton), just has a few tables and a walk-up counter, no dishes, no table service, and the menu is up on the wall over the counter.

They have a big variety of sandwiches; triple-deckers, double-deckers, singles, some hot sandwiches, a small selection of salads, and a different soup each day. If you don't see what you like, you can tell them what you want and they'll usually make it for you.

I usually get a single turkey and swiss on rye (toasted) and that comes with a pickle and chips or pretzels, and I think it's $5.25.
I can see why you have it on your carryout list. Sounds like they have good fare.

Old 06-06-2014, 04:41 PM

^^^ Another rule-of-thumb I go by - If the local police are eating there, it must be pretty good and pretty reasonable. The Squirrel on Dalton always has plenty of officers as customers.

Old 06-06-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
I can see why you have it on your carryout list. Sounds like they have good fare.
We have already had more variety introduced. We have also had a distinct disagreement of opinion - Not Moe's - Chipotle. I can't attest to either one, since I have my favorites which differ. Let's let this thread continue on.

BTW CarryOn, I remember establishments which went by the name of Red Squirrel from years ago. Are these the same as your Squirrel or different?

Old 06-06-2014, 05:17 PM

148 posts, read 213,488 times
Ahh summer food ideas. For me it's a shore-thing, so subs, sandwiches, coneys, grill outs, fish.
I'll tread lightly at first, so I'll start with planning to try Blue Ash Chili doubledecker for $8, which is high compared to Chgo/LA but low for Cincy.
Attached Thumbnails
Cincinnati carry out food-doubledecker_8usd.jpg  

Old 06-06-2014, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgencincy View Post
Ahh summer food ideas. For me it's a shore-thing, so subs, sandwiches, coneys, grill outs, fish.
I'll tread lightly at first, so I'll start with planning to try Blue Ash Chili doubledecker for $8, which is high compared to Chgo/LA but low for Cincy.
But wait until you get it. And get the ham&beef, not the double beef. Hard to eat in one sitting.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:30 AM

Quote:
BTW CarryOn, I remember establishments which went by the name of Red Squirrel from years ago. Are these the same as your Squirrel or different?
I'd assume it's the same one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati