Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2024, 10:48 AM

7,074 posts, read 8,934,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Lebanon is not Cincinnati.
Thank God for that.

Quote:
I did some digging, and you are correct: There is a second Catholic church in Lebanon - St. Therese the Little Flower. It's not a part of the archdiocese, and rejects Vatican II, if that matters to anyone.

I'm so curious about this, especially how this congregation landed in Lebanon. The church is in a building a few blocks from where I used to live, which back then was one of those non-denominational "church of what's happening now" (thank you, Flip Wilson) congregations. It had a big blue neon sign that lit up the neighborhood. LOL
I have lived behind that building for almost 30 years and those St. Therese people are downright weird, they moved into the building 10 years ago and the congregation is made up of people from away, not Lebanon residents.

The neon sign was taken down by a Primitive Baptist group and they told me that neon signs were for honky tonks, not churches. There were a lot of different churches using that building since I moved here.

I don’t know if you were in Lebanon when Kash D. Amburgy had his church in that building and had the old VW van painted red, white and blue that he used as a church bus and was handling rattlesnakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2024, 10:58 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
My daughter, who is Catholic, lives in Lebanon but drives into Cincinnati to go to church. Not sure why but I will be visiting her later next week and will find out!

She does love living in Lebanon though.

Old 01-30-2024, 12:36 PM

41,945 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Thank God for that.
LOL - I'm not sure I agree, but I understand the sentiment.

Thanks for the info about the church. Very interesting indeed. I did love that neon sign, though. It looked gorgeous in the snow.
Quote:
I don’t know if you were in Lebanon when Kash D. Amburgy had his church in that building and had the old VW van painted red, white and blue that he used as a church bus and was handling rattlesnakes.
OMG, Kash Amburgy. What a character! He used to come into the Western Star office when he'd run ads for his trips to the Holy Land. I remember hearing about the rattlesnakes. Yikes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
My daughter, who is Catholic, lives in Lebanon but drives into Cincinnati to go to church.
That really isn't unusual, in Cincinnati anyway. When I lived in Madisonville, the parish I attended had parishioners from all over the place - they left the neighborhood but wanted to stay with the church. My neighbor attended a different Catholic parish in Madisonville, and another neighbor attended St. Cecilia in Oakley. The archdiocese is OK with people joining parishes they want to attend, instead of sticking with antiquated parish boundaries.

Old 01-30-2024, 01:42 PM

3,254 posts, read 1,409,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post

"Follow the signs, follow the arrows, or follow the cars to Kash’s Big Bargain Barn in South Lebanon Ohio, where you save cash with Kash."

Those were such wonderful days.

Old 01-30-2024, 03:25 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
That really isn't unusual, in Cincinnati anyway. When I lived in Madisonville, the parish I attended had parishioners from all over the place - they left the neighborhood but wanted to stay with the church. My neighbor attended a different Catholic parish in Madisonville, and another neighbor attended St. Cecilia in Oakley. The archdiocese is OK with people joining parishes they want to attend, instead of sticking with antiquated parish boundaries.
Sounds perfectly normal to me. That's one of several reasons why I don't attend our local parish church which is about 3 minutes from my house. I drive into a nearby town and attend the church I've always attended. I drive about 25 minutes and so what? I love my church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati