Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 05:30 AM

3 posts, read 9,180 times

Advertisements

Frank Sonny Burdel did live in the house next to the corner store on w.100th by Loretta ave. The man of the house was his step father and his mother and youngest sister,s last name was Kimla.I did not now him when he murdered that girl as i am 8-10 years younger but new him later in life.Believe me he was not rehabilitated and the fact that he is no longer of this world is a good thing! He was released from prison sometime in 1977 and lived on Elmira ave.between w.100th and w.blvd.He lived with his girlfriend Ruby and he might have married her but i don't Know for sure.That is the last i heard of him till i stumbled on this forum.The fact that i was in close proximity to him has bothered me for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 11:26 PM

2 posts, read 3,664 times
I knew his sister Pat. We went to St. Ignatius Elementary school together. He came to the school the day after (before he was arrested) looking for her and was asking me if she was there. She had gone home for lunch that day. I remember he was really scarey and very upset that she was not there. I was terrified when it was on the news that night. The memory has stayed with me all these years. I don't think she ever came back to school after that. I liked her and considered her a friend.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:21 AM

10 posts, read 25,789 times
Wow, I grew up on 90th and Denison in the 80s and early 90s. Only 10 Blocks away from where this guy was living.

I've been the military for the last 11 years and just happened to come across this story in the forum because I'm getting ready to return to Cleveland.

This has been a very interesting read.

Old 03-21-2014, 03:14 PM

98 posts, read 208,453 times
Barbara Ann Ambrose was my uncle's niece. I was in elementary school when this happened and remember it well. My father worked at the same hospital she did.

Old 12-15-2014, 07:34 PM

5 posts, read 8,017 times
I attended St. Ignatius elementary school with Burdel. We also played on one of the school football team together, Holy Cross. The other players both on the same and other school teams were afraid of him. He was so big and had a violent temper. For some reason, probably because I was so small, took me under his wing. I was shocked when hearing about this, and still think about it often. As previously stated, he lived in the first house next to a corner store of the corner of Loretta and W.100th. His parents lived there for only a very short time after the murder. They did change their last name. I do remember the parents always kept both their house and yard picture perfect. I've always felt sorry for them. I was 12 years old when this happened. To tragic to forget.

Old 12-15-2014, 07:46 PM

You mean to tell me he didn't even spend 20 years in prison for this murder? What do you mean he wasn't rehabbed?

Old 01-29-2016, 07:11 AM

3 posts, read 9,180 times
Not even 20 years. He was just as dangerous maybe even more so. Thank the state of Ohio for putting the people of Cleveland at risk.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:06 PM

2 posts, read 1,429 times
Default To those who want to Know Sonny's Final chapter,

Bankruptcy No. B90-13539, Adv. No. B90-1391.

The Defendant. CR 246909, pleaded guilty to a felony charge of theft while serving as executor for the estate of Thomas C. Kilma for misappropriating funds.

CR-89-246909-ZA STATE OF OHIO vs. FRANK BURDEL

4/03/1990

THE DEFENDANT BEEN FOUND GUILTY OF THEFT, WITH SPECIFICATIONS (Violence)... IS SENTENCED TO OHIO STATE REFORMATORY, MANSFIELD, OHIO FOR A TERM OF THREE (3) TO TEN (10) YEARS.

1/18/1993

THE COURT BEING NOTIFIED OF THE DEATH OF DEFENDANT, FRANK BURDEL

Old 01-15-2019, 11:33 AM

Default Still curious

Exactly what did he die from in prison ?

Old 03-29-2021, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 649 times
I was not quite 5 when this murder happened and i still live on West Blvd. I can see the church tower from my kitchen and front porch. My parents were so upset when this happened they went out and got a big german shepherd to watch over me. I remember there had been a playground where the CVS is now; but then the church had planned to build a parking lot and eventually had fence tall weeds. can anyone tell me if the murder happened there or in the parking lot behind the church?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland