Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 07:41 PM

720 posts, read 1,708,996 times

Advertisements

Just be sure to check property taxes and utility costs. They can vary greatly within a small area, according to town lines, and whether you are in town or the county.All that you mentioned are,IMHO, desirable places to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 02:03 PM

99 posts, read 243,378 times
Moved into the condo at WRP on 9/12, had our first guest this past week-end, a friend from Texas.

No internet in the condo as yet so needed to go to Southport to use the library's WiFi.

The lanyard has been pulled on the 211 Midway Commons site, doesn't appear there will be any getting the round back in the tube, at this point. Heavy equipment moving around, much gravel and crushed stone has been dropped and many large sewer/drainage pipes are on the property.

I may have overlooked it but I did not see any activity/change at The Charles site. I'll double check on my way back to WRP.

Old 09-23-2014, 04:02 AM

300 posts, read 474,734 times
I was down at WRP over the weekend and went by The Charles site. I saw more activity and at least one piece of construction equipment. GENE VAUGH from "THE CHARLES" will be giving an update to WRP residents in October at a meeting, but I will not be there for the presentation. I didn't see anymore activity at the Midway shopping center site since my last visit,

Old 09-30-2014, 03:15 PM

720 posts, read 1,708,996 times
Moved here fulltime officially on Friday. Went to Southport today, and saw some activity at Midway Crossing, and was impressed by the work at the Charles site, trees cleared, equipment, workmen, looked like they were going ahead full throttle. St ill trying to figure out the Mirasol site. There is activity there, but I'm trying to figure out "the development for sale"sign.They've really stripped that land clean.
Also saw some backhoes digging around the corner of Sunset Harbor Rd./211, don't know what that's about.
I wish Midway Crossing would get going, look forward to it.

Old 10-03-2014, 06:26 AM

4 posts, read 7,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlecamper View Post
Moved here fulltime officially on Friday. Went to Southport today, and saw some activity at Midway Crossing, and was impressed by the work at the Charles site, trees cleared, equipment, workmen, looked like they were going ahead full throttle. St ill trying to figure out the Mirasol site. There is activity there, but I'm trying to figure out "the development for sale"sign.They've really stripped that land clean.
Also saw some backhoes digging around the corner of Sunset Harbor Rd./211, don't know what that's about.
I wish Midway Crossing would get going, look forward to it.

The Mirasol site is a mining operation for dirt that is being supplied to the new long beach road extension.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,604 times
The Charles sounds great and the shopping center near by but what about the traffic? It is already a nightmare going in and out of Southport. Hope they will make it a four lane.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:47 AM

76 posts, read 366,062 times
I live in Southport and I can't for the life of me understand why people are still moving here to retire. The traffic in and out of Southport is horrible all year now. There is absolutely no where to shop and nothing to do here. We have 1 Walmart that consistently has empty shelves because there are far too many customers for it. There are 2 other grocery stores and 1 Peebles. That is it. Our beach is dirty and hard to get to. So how is St. James so appealing?

Old 10-19-2014, 02:38 PM

805 posts, read 2,004,454 times
This just proves that unhappy people are unhappy anywhere they are.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:35 PM

300 posts, read 474,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
This just proves that unhappy people are unhappy anywhere they are.
I think the poster might be unhappy with all the new people moving into the Southport area and causing all the "issues"?

A majority of the locals are not happy with SJP and are upset with the traffic coming out of SJP. I have locales tell me that they have a huge dislike for those New Jorsey people. I don't have a Yankee accent so they let me know their true feelings.The biggest urban legend is that SJP residents have asked that locale Lowes Food Store be only open to SJP residents on Tuesdays. Since the locales are part of the Southern culture; they will usually be nice to you when you interact with them. As Hank Jr sings; we say ma'am.

It is interesting that Brunswick County will not allow anymore gated communities to be developed in the county.

Last edited by Mr. Purple 2; 10-19-2014 at 05:39 PM..

Old 02-07-2015, 07:22 AM

2 posts, read 4,554 times
Default almost65

is there any info about floor plans and prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina