Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2024, 06:41 PM

16 posts, read 8,034 times

Advertisements

If anyone is purchasing the property from phase 1, using a lawyer, I would love to get their contact information or the lawyers name to review the closing. My property is in phase 2 and very anxious to get the process moving. Briannatalyer thank you very much for the information. You’re a big help with information you have supplied so far. It really helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2024, 09:01 AM

52 posts, read 56,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylander19 View Post
What are the current HOA fees at CP? The figures on Redfin are all over the place but they appear to be about $3900 per year, which seems pretty high. Thanks.
2024 fees at Compass Pointe are $150 a month for single family homes....plus and additional $115 a month for landscaping (increase expected in March 2024) for those single family homes under mandatory landscaping contract (which you can NEVER exit if your house is designated under mandatory landscaping) PLUS an additional $62 for irrigation water fees....which brings basic fees to about $327 a month.....

Additionally, be aware that the MOA has made what most communities consider common areas (that is ANY public sidewalks, plus any areas you do not own between the public sidewalk and the street, and the public curbs) the homeowner's responsibility. That said, the public sidewalks and curbs are continuously stained due to (my opinion here) the unfiltered irrigation water that comes from our ponds and the "rippled design" on the sidewalks which causes water to remain on sidewalks and inhibits the free flow of water from sidewalk to adjoining grass areas...these formerly "common areas" require professional power washing at the homeowner's expense at least once a year....costs $100-$200.

The townhomes have their own fee structure which have all landscaping included and certain aspects of exterior maintenance and insurance components. I would ask to see the actual insurance component as it may not cover everything you expect and importantly you should determine whether appropriate amounts are being placed monthly into reserve funds and based on a recent reserve fund study. A number of the townhomes were built at the same time and will probably need similar repairs and replacements at or near the same time same time....

Old 03-29-2024, 01:58 PM

16 posts, read 8,034 times
Have any one heard of land being closed on in north ridge ? I was told that the first phase of land deeds were being sold finally. Any updated news would be great.

Old 03-29-2024, 03:49 PM

45 posts, read 27,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncboundfromnj View Post
Have any one heard of land being closed on in north ridge ? I was told that the first phase of land deeds were being sold finally. Any updated news would be great.
Yep! I answered this question below on 3.5. Phase I was recorded on 2.15.24 and contracts were sent to the people who had deposits so they can close.

Old 04-04-2024, 08:07 AM

1 posts, read 465 times
Jersey Mike, based on your experience at CP, would you recommend looking at BF or the Bluffs on the Cape Fear instead? Or, with the proposed 70% tax increase, would you recommend looking in Wilmington outside the city limits?
Thanks in advance.

Old 04-08-2024, 10:41 AM

52 posts, read 56,221 times
I would recommend looking at River Bluffs, Bluffs and perhaps a few others. I would make sure the developer has an exit plan that is based in reality and not something like 80 percent of the 4,000 homes in master plan for which the developers never had the land mass to build or intention to build.......so a likely turnover to HOA is 2062 or 2065. Make sure you know exactly how many homes will be built...and make your determination as to whether or not there are enough amenities in place to service the population (don't rely on sales agent's promises) River Bluffs I think is under 800, The Bluffs ???? Scuttlebutt on BF is that the development is in similar "building forever...at least in your lifetime" mode as well..... Leland is asking for 50-70 percent tax increase to fund - well - I guess more more "rubber stamps" to assist the developers in building more and more homes/developments etc...Environment and water runoff, flooding be damned...more houses please (and maybe a minor league baseball stadium too proposed primariiy at taxpayer assistance) ! . I guess we will pretty much all share the 2 lanes on 17 and 2 lanes on 74.

I would say that between the continuous building, the tax increases, the increased insurance rates, the ever increasing traffic, the parking fees at any and all the nearby beaches (I do not believe parking at any of the beaches (Carolina Beach, Kure Beach, Wrightsville Beach, Oak Island) are free any more), that you reconsider living in Brunswick County. If you want to live in NC there are probably many counties that have less congestion and also have lower taxes.

Old 04-08-2024, 02:16 PM

301 posts, read 482,917 times
FYI: Holden Beach in Brunswick County will have paid parking starting on April 1 from 9:00AM to 5:00PM. Below link gives the parking status at the area beaches.

Paid Parking At Area Beach Towns to Begin: 2024 Rates
https://portcitydaily.com/local-news...re-2024-rates/

Old 04-18-2024, 07:51 PM

6 posts, read 7,369 times
If they pass the tax increase, Leland’s tax rate will be 39 cents per $100. The property tax rate for Wilmington is 39.5 cents per $100. Brunswick county is 34.5 cents and New Hanover County is 45.5 cents.

So if you are thinking of getting away from Leland because of taxes…you might want to verify my numbers

As for other areas…Mecklenburg and Wake Counties are 45 cents and 67 cents respectively.

Old 04-19-2024, 08:56 AM

21 posts, read 25,096 times
Compass Pointe will not be affected by the Leland tax increase. CP is in an unincorporated area of Brunswick County.
I would be more concerned with the construction in front of the west gate leading to 74/76, four hundred additional apartments and townhomes.

Across the highway from CP is an extremely large development as well. Land has been cleared. This area will extend to Malmo Loop. Further down towards route 17 is another substantial project on Maco Road.

Old 04-19-2024, 09:17 AM

45 posts, read 27,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epauley424 View Post
If they pass the tax increase, Leland’s tax rate will be 39 cents per $100. The property tax rate for Wilmington is 39.5 cents per $100. Brunswick county is 34.5 cents and New Hanover County is 45.5 cents.

So if you are thinking of getting away from Leland because of taxes…you might want to verify my numbers

As for other areas…Mecklenburg and Wake Counties are 45 cents and 67 cents respectively.

Compass Pointe doesn't pay Leland taxes so there's one of the many advantages of living there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina