Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 11:36 AM

805 posts, read 2,003,583 times

Advertisements

Well, there are "heavens" all over this country .... very happy here but we occasionally "talk" about other areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2020, 10:09 AM

19 posts, read 67,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missynancy View Post
We spent five years looking at all the plantations in the area and I absolutely would agree that ORP is a step above Winding River. The beach house in ORP just completed a huge renovation with much larger decks. That beach house is in Sunset Beach with, I think, is the best beach. Much less traffic, commercial areas than Holden, Oak Island or Ocean Isle Beach. HOA's are about $102 a month. Our community pool was just upgraded and the deck also replaced as well as inside community center renovations. A very tight community with the best group of charitible organizations that support the community. Best of all: In a great location. We LOVED St. James but it is in the middle of NOWHERE AS IS WINDING RIVER. We are one hour from Wilmington and 20 minutes from North Myrtle so you can get to either city easily. That is important to us. Shopping in either direction. Wilmington for culture and the Cape Fear River waterfront ; Myrtle for the major shopping and lots of restaurants.
I'm hoping to buy an existing home in Ocean Ridge in the next month or so. Looking to get out of Wilmington due to the traffic. Any recommendations or pitfalls? TIA

Old 06-18-2020, 08:27 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,048,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Purple 2 View Post
What happened to the guard on duty at the front entrance and the gates being up all the time at OR? The guard shack at the front entrance is not being manned.
The guard house at the main entrance has not been manned for a year or 2. The guard "shack" belongs to Mark Saunders and he is not maintaining it. ORP has no control over the entrances to the neighborhood.

Old 06-19-2020, 07:03 AM

300 posts, read 474,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
The guard house at the main entrance has not been manned for a year or 2. The guard "shack" belongs to Mark Saunders and he is not maintaining it. ORP has no control over the entrances to the neighborhood.

Does OR have any gates that drop and restrict access in the evenings and nights?

Old 06-19-2020, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Purple 2 View Post
Does OR have any gates that drop and restrict access in the evenings and nights?
The front gate on 17 is unmanned and ungated as is the entrance on Old Georgetown Rd. The entrance on 904 has a gate that used a key fob at night, not sure if that is still the case. Even if it is, it is a moot point as the other entrances are open all the time.
ORP is not a gated community.

Old 06-20-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
My wife and I just drove through ORP today and the front entrance was gorgeous. Hundreds of new flowers were planted in front of the guard building. The landscaping was lush and well-maintained. True, the guard entrance building is not manned. Not really sure if that matters to me since that means higher HOA. Driving trough the complex, we also noted that all the common areas were very well groomed and trimmed.

Old 06-20-2020, 05:10 PM

Our HOA fees have not decreased since we lost the guard, in fact they might have gone up a few dollars.
I prefer living in a non-gated community (most of my neighbours are not happy about it) and yes the neighbours did a lovely job of the gardens at the 17 entrance.

Old 06-21-2020, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Our HOA fees have not decreased since we lost the guard, in fact they might have gone up a few dollars.
I prefer living in a non-gated community (most of my neighbours are not happy about it) and yes the neighbours did a lovely job of the gardens at the 17 entrance.
HOA is still very low (~102/month?). To have a nice club house, tennis courts, common grounds, and a beach house, it doesn't seem like a bad deal to me. I guess they could bump it up 10% - 20% and add a guard for $12/hr. Still not a show stopper for me.

Old 06-21-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil1984 View Post
HOA is still very low (~102/month?). To have a nice club house, tennis courts, common grounds, and a beach house, it doesn't seem like a bad deal to me. I guess they could bump it up 10% - 20% and add a guard for $12/hr. Still not a show stopper for me.
I agree, the HOA fee is extremely low for such a beautiful neighborhood!

Old 07-03-2020, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missynancy View Post
We spent five years looking at all the plantations in the area and I absolutely would agree that ORP is a step above Winding River. The beach house in ORP just completed a huge renovation with much larger decks. That beach house is in Sunset Beach with, I think, is the best beach. Much less traffic, commercial areas than Holden, Oak Island or Ocean Isle Beach. HOA's are about $102 a month. Our community pool was just upgraded and the deck also replaced as well as inside community center renovations. A very tight community with the best group of charitible organizations that support the community. Best of all: In a great location. We LOVED St. James but it is in the middle of NOWHERE AS IS WINDING RIVER. We are one hour from Wilmington and 20 minutes from North Myrtle so you can get to either city easily. That is important to us. Shopping in either direction. Wilmington for culture and the Cape Fear River waterfront ; Myrtle for the major shopping and lots of restaurants.
Do you know of any special HOA assessments in ORP? Either recent or in the near future?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina