Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 12:24 PM

25 posts, read 10,249 times

Advertisements

a friend of mine has worked and lived in Greenville for almost 20 years.

last year, he and his wife went and bought a house next to RDU. he started commuting to work from RDU to Greenville. He only needs to be at the office 4 days per week. He claims that he's loving it and have no regrets. Part of the reason was so his kids could attend school there. But his kids are only 1 year away from going to college...

I'm not that close to him... he's actually my best friend's friend. But if he's happy, then I'm happy for him.

On the other hand, I couldn't help but wonder if he was lying about it? Has anyone heard other people who live in RDU or Triangle area and commute to work in Greenville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2024, 01:16 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,551,089 times
I'm sure theyre one of the few people that commute from Raleigh to Greenville. It's usually the other way around. I don't see a reason to not believe them. There's a lot more to do in Raleigh than in Greenville. A higher quality of life. They must have a high paying job in Greenville to be okay with the commute and be able to afford to buy a house in the triangle

Old 03-01-2024, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
I'm sure theyre one of the few people that commute from Raleigh to Greenville. It's usually the other way around. I don't see a reason to not believe them. There's a lot more to do in Raleigh than in Greenville. A higher quality of life. They must have a high paying job in Greenville to be okay with the commute and be able to afford to buy a house in the triangle
true... I guess it also helps that driving between Raleigh and Greenville is probably one of the easiest. there's never any traffic, until within a few miles of Raleigh.. the rest is a very long, boring, almost sleep-inducing highway.

Old 03-01-2024, 04:29 PM

919 posts, read 744,550 times
Very odd question...

Old 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM

377 posts, read 203,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyDFW View Post
a friend of mine has worked and lived in Greenville for almost 20 years.

last year, he and his wife went and bought a house next to RDU. he started commuting to work from RDU to Greenville. He only needs to be at the office 4 days per week. He claims that he's loving it and have no regrets. Part of the reason was so his kids could attend school there. But his kids are only 1 year away from going to college...

I'm not that close to him... he's actually my best friend's friend. But if he's happy, then I'm happy for him.

On the other hand, I couldn't help but wonder if he was lying about it? Has anyone heard other people who live in RDU or Triangle area and commute to work in Greenville?
So your friend "went and bought" a house beside the RDU Airport? Or, did your friend buy a house in the RDU area? Why do you think he is lying? Why do you care?

Old 03-02-2024, 08:44 AM

17 posts, read 16,975 times
The Triangle has a lot more of everything and is growing, along with house prices there. Maybe they wanted to get in while they could still afford it. Or maybe the wife was having an affair with someone in Greenville. Either way, you shouldn't concern yourself with their business.

Old 03-02-2024, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEW22 View Post
The Triangle has a lot more of everything and is growing, along with house prices there. Maybe they wanted to get in while they could still afford it. Or maybe the wife was having an affair with someone in Greenville. Either way, you shouldn't concern yourself with their business.
oh... I was thinking maybe I should follow his lead and buy a house over there, while they are still relatively "affordable"

Old 03-02-2024, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Big View Post
So your friend "went and bought" a house beside the RDU Airport? Or, did your friend buy a house in the RDU area? Why do you think he is lying? Why do you care?
RDU airport... literally under the flight path. (Morrisville... less than 1.1 miles from the airport terminal, according to Google Maps)

He invited us for a backyard barbecue tomorrow afternoon. Guess I'll see what it's like.

Old 03-02-2024, 09:08 PM
ERH

1,699 posts, read 2,528,434 times
Quote:
Has anyone heard other people who live in RDU or Triangle area and commute to work in Greenville?
I know someone who lives in Chapel Hill and commutes to Greenville. They are a professor at ECU.

Old 03-03-2024, 03:53 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
...... On the other hand, I couldn't help but wonder if he was lying about it? Has anyone heard other people who live in RDU or Triangle area and commute to work in Greenville?
Some people have a hard time admitting they made a mistake, especially about a major decision. However, I would prefer living in Chapel Hill rather than Greenville.

Perhaps they are hoping one of their kids will be admitted to UNC, and will be visiting more frequently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina