Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2024, 10:44 PM

1,811 posts, read 2,786,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
Anyone know what’s going up across from the airport? Corner of Airport Road and Memorial.

Wawa. Doesn't seem like the most ideal place for a location. You'd think they'd want to be up closer to the 264/11 interchange where Sheetz is...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2024, 01:41 AM

1,292 posts, read 1,614,922 times
According to Reddit, Trader Joe’s is all but confirmed for the old Bed Bath & Beyond space in Lynncroft. I’ll believe it when I see it, but if true what a great add!

Old 04-19-2024, 06:42 AM

3,089 posts, read 4,901,502 times
Quote:
According to Reddit, Trader Joe’s is all but confirmed for the old Bed Bath & Beyond space in Lynncroft. I’ll believe it when I see it, but if true what a great add!
Agree. No grocery in that shopping center so its a perfect add. That should do well there.

It isnt on Trader Joes site yet as Coming Soon, whereas there are stores in Raleigh and Mt Pleasant SC that are in the works.

In terms of the Wawa in front of the airport, thats a really good add for that area as well. Was something torn down for that? I havent seen it.

Old 04-19-2024, 10:22 AM

894 posts, read 1,355,441 times
I saw this on facebook, so maybe it's really true.

Old 04-19-2024, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Agree. No grocery in that shopping center so its a perfect add. That should do well there.

It isnt on Trader Joes site yet as Coming Soon, whereas there are stores in Raleigh and Mt Pleasant SC that are in the works.

In terms of the Wawa in front of the airport, thats a really good add for that area as well. Was something torn down for that? I havent seen it.
They tore down a Hardee’s and combined that lot with adjacent vacant lots.

Re: Trader Joe’s. RIP that parking lot. It isn’t good to begin with so it’s perfect for Trader Joe’s

Old 04-19-2024, 12:37 PM

40 posts, read 18,721 times
Quote:
They tore down a Hardee’s and combined that lot with adjacent vacant lots.

Re: Trader Joe’s. RIP that parking lot. It isn’t good to begin with so it’s perfect for Trader Joe’s
back when Lowes Foods was still there, parking was never an issue. They had so few customers who shopped at Lowes. Probably why they left in the first place. Kind of amusing that they came back and built a new location next to Firetower road.

Old 04-19-2024, 01:25 PM

Lowes Foods was busy until Kroger closed and sold the store to Harris Teeter. When HT opened across the street few people went to Lowes anymore.

The new Lowes location is perfect because there’s nothing else like that in Winterville. The only grocery stores are Walmart and the ****ty Kitties.

Old 04-19-2024, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Lowes Foods was busy until Kroger closed and sold the store to Harris Teeter. When HT opened across the street few people went to Lowes anymore.

The new Lowes location is perfect because there’s nothing else like that in Winterville. The only grocery stores are Walmart and the ****ty Kitties.
good point... I forgot about Harris Teeter opening around that time.

were you in the area when Hurricane Floyd and the flooding hit? I'm trying to figure out which parts of Greenville and Winterville got flood. (other than the usual areas near the rivers) Thanks!

Old 04-20-2024, 10:33 AM

3,089 posts, read 4,901,502 times
Quote:

Agreed. I like that Lowes Foods location. Competition is a good thing as well. Lowes Foods does a really good job of carrying local stuff, especially beer, so it should be at least a go to for a few items even if you like another store better. And its head and shoulders better than Food Lion.

Old 04-20-2024, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Lowes Foods does a really good job of carrying local stuff, especially beer,
when I moved to Greenville many years ago, one thing that I really missed was availability of foreign beers.(specifically German and European beers)

I ended up driving to places like Total Wines stores in Raleigh to stock up on those beers.

The only store in Greenville that sometimes carries those beers is Harris Teeter, but only occasionally... or are there other stores here that I missed?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina