Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2016, 01:24 AM

1,152 posts, read 954,699 times

Advertisements

Looks like we're getting a Credit Union at Bull Street Commons. Also i heard Founders is opening up there in January.

Credit union latest business to add location at Commons at BullS - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 06:56 AM

8,228 posts, read 13,345,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Growingup15 View Post
Looks like we're getting a Credit Union at Bull Street Commons. Also i heard Founders is opening up there in January.

Credit union latest business to add location at Commons at BullS - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina

wow..thats interesting...the article makes point to note that no retailers have been announced recently Though something is better than nothing.. I don't see a Credit Union being a major "win" for the development..

Old 12-28-2016, 08:44 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,121,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Remember Canal Side.. It is JUST NOW in its final phase(began in the late 90s early 2000s) and its a fraction of the size of CC and its on the water........ So the Commons will be in for a long trip...
Probably a 20-30 year build-out IMO. Id rather them take their time rather than build another ghost mall.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:59 PM

744 posts, read 747,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Probably a 20-30 year build-out IMO. Id rather them take their time rather than build another ghost mall.
Me too boo, me too! I don't think it was ever intended to be less than that, but people got excited and said that it would be a few years. I don't think the city spending money on a baseball stadium was a bad move, but I regret that people thought it would make this development happen overnight. We did very well with the number of attendees at our games.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:03 PM

273 posts, read 246,037 times
So here's The State's take on this
Founders Federal Credit Union heading to Bull Street | The State
It still says that it'll be up and ready Summer 2018 with the completion of Cobb Theater. I'm still optimistic about this however take a look at the new site plan for the complex. I think it may be a huge step down from what it was.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:54 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,559,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo06 View Post
Me too boo, me too! I don't think it was ever intended to be less than that, but people got excited and said that it would be a few years. I don't think the city spending money on a baseball stadium was a bad move, but I regret that people thought it would make this development happen overnight. We did very well with the number of attendees at our games.
They've always said it would be a 20+ year project so I don't know why so many people are going haywire after 2-3 years. It's not like Dubai where money seems to appear out of thin air.

Old 12-28-2016, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColumbiaJAK View Post
So here's The State's take on this
Founders Federal Credit Union heading to Bull Street | The State
It still says that it'll be up and ready Summer 2018 with the completion of Cobb Theater. I'm still optimistic about this however take a look at the new site plan for the complex. I think it may be a huge step down from what it was.
Omg it does seems severely scaled back from previous plans. The townhomes are gone and it's no long as dense. There's more parking lots then actual buildings. The retail hub seems to have been scaled back also. There's no longer a corridor of retail.

I hope it gets changed again to make it more den dense because last thing we need us more parking lots making holes in downtown.

Old 12-29-2016, 05:57 AM

1,802 posts, read 2,030,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Growingup15 View Post
Omg it does seems severely scaled back from previous plans. The townhomes are gone and it's no long as dense. There's more parking lots then actual buildings. The retail hub seems to have been scaled back also. There's no longer a corridor of retail.

I hope it gets changed again to make it more den dense because last thing we need us more parking lots making holes in downtown.
This appears to be a Phase I rendering. There are several places marked "future development." I bet the Townhomes will come after the retail.

Old 12-29-2016, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCxpBrussel View Post
This appears to be a Phase I rendering. There are several places marked "future development." I bet the Townhomes will come after the retail.
I hope because i would love to get a place at Bullstreet for my self.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area