Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2020, 01:46 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,724,563 times

Advertisements

It is beyond me how people get excited about gas station/convenience food stores. There is damn little difference between the chains. Yes some local owned ones can be the pits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2020, 07:18 PM

518 posts, read 435,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
It is beyond me how people get excited about gas station/convenience food stores. There is damn little difference between the chains. Yes some local owned ones can be the pits.
In Blythewood we have the Sharpe Shops, and those are pretty good. In general, I think the bigger brands are pretty similar. I like the bigger truck stops when I am on the highway. Tend to have the nicer bathrooms.

Old 09-01-2020, 07:39 PM

8,227 posts, read 13,345,033 times
Quote:

Lol I hear ya......maybe one will open on North Main at I 20 or Monticello at I 20 and give those areas a boost

Old 09-02-2020, 08:15 AM

306 posts, read 393,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemanoRock View Post
In Blythewood we have the Sharpe Shops, and those are pretty good. In general, I think the bigger brands are pretty similar. I like the bigger truck stops when I am on the highway. Tend to have the nicer bathrooms.
Agreed, I appreciate the cleanliness and consistency that comes with QT most. If that’s construed as excitement, so be it. I’ll take a variety of anything that also comes with quality as good or better than what already exists.

Old 09-02-2020, 11:10 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,232,811 times
Quote:
QuikTrip is popular because of low fuel prices and clean and consistent stores.

Old 09-04-2020, 07:51 AM

120 posts, read 149,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
QuikTrip is popular because of low fuel prices and clean and consistent stores.
Not to mention they have variety of food for a convenience store that is edible. and the drink selection is incomparable. Its all about options for less.

Old 09-09-2020, 03:13 PM

60 posts, read 84,896 times
Unless mine eyes deceive me, the CookOut for Garners Ferry has finally broken ground behind the Waffle House (near Lowe's). Still wondering about the construction in front of the Home2.

Old 09-10-2020, 11:08 AM

744 posts, read 747,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevinm View Post
Unless mine eyes deceive me, the CookOut for Garners Ferry has finally broken ground behind the Waffle House (near Lowe's). Still wondering about the construction in front of the Home2.
https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/7338...a-SC/18711136/

Old 10-08-2020, 09:43 AM

Default Nearly 600 homes proposed for Garners Ferry Road Corridor

Just saw this on last months Planning Commission Agenda.. Around 580 homes proposed in three (3) developments along Garners Ferry Road. I know it may take several years to complete but substantial none the less. Most of the development are in or are adjacent to already developed neighborhoods/subdivisions.

This is pretty substantial and will hopefully promote additional retail in this area.

https://www.columbiasc.net/depts/pla...nda_FINALr.pdf

Old 10-22-2020, 05:39 AM

Wow.. we often talk about gentrification, but sprawl development into poor rural areas appears to be a concern as well. From this article some residents in Lower Richland were against the expansion of water/sewer service for that very reason along with affordability.. though many were living without adequate water and sewer service. I am glad that the County was able to work it out.

I see "sprawl" continuing to move into the Blythewood Wilson Road corridors Two Notich into Kershaw County and out I-20 Percival Road. There is some "sprawl" occurring in Lower Richland but it is still closer to the City and not quite out into the rural parts of the County aka Hopkins and Eastover. I don't see it happening there.. if it does it will likely be closer to the Leesburg Road-Garners Ferry section down towards Hwy 601. Ft Jackson really keeps the NE from meeting Lower Richland.. If it was not there I am sure much of what is now the base would be developed.

https://www.thestate.com/living/midl...246554298.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area