Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2022, 09:11 AM

297 posts, read 259,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post
Nonic moving into the new building. i really hate this for broadway.
Their post on Instagram is saying they will keep and repurpose the building. I think it’s great for the long term; they are wanting to grow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2022, 10:16 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,644,714 times
Any new updates on this project?

Old 06-28-2022, 10:29 AM

1,405 posts, read 1,851,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Any new updates on this project?
No new announcements other than Nonic moving in middle building. Construction is still underway. Currently doing some landscaping.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:01 AM

3,408 posts, read 1,901,991 times
Columbus tourism needs to AGGRESSIVELY and REGULARLY promote Columbus to the Atlanta market as a great getaway from Atlanta's big city stresses and hassles! I was vacationing in Virginia last week and saw a guy wearing a Braves shirt. I said "Go Braves," and told him I was from Columbus! Always promoting all things Columbus, I asked him if he's been to Columbus and tried the white water? He said he didn't know anything about whitewater in Columbus but would sure like to try it!!! This is not the first time I've heard this. Sad.

Old 06-29-2022, 01:46 PM

967 posts, read 1,072,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
Columbus tourism needs to AGGRESSIVELY and REGULARLY promote Columbus to the Atlanta market as a great getaway from Atlanta's big city stresses and hassles! I was vacationing in Virginia last week and saw a guy wearing a Braves shirt. I said "Go Braves," and told him I was from Columbus! Always promoting all things Columbus, I asked him if he's been to Columbus and tried the white water? He said he didn't know anything about whitewater in Columbus but would sure like to try it!!! This is not the first time I've heard this. Sad.

Agreed, I think a lot of people who have not been to Columbus don't really know what we have here. I have seen a billboard on 85 I think just south of Atlanta advertising our white water rafting a while back.

I'd like to see more of that done! I'd like to see Columbus known for a lot of it's amenities here.

I couldn't help but notice the website for the Great Wolf Lodge which is right down the road from us seems to pretend we don't exist. Maybe someone who promotes Columbus could get with them and have a few Columbus things listed on their nearby things to do section of the site... or at least mention the white water rafting here since it would be a nice tie in with the water park.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWColumbus View Post
Agreed, I think a lot of people who have not been to Columbus don't really know what we have here. I have seen a billboard on 85 I think just south of Atlanta advertising our white water rafting a while back.

I'd like to see more of that done! I'd like to see Columbus known for a lot of it's amenities here.

I couldn't help but notice the website for the Great Wolf Lodge which is right down the road from us seems to pretend we don't exist. Maybe someone who promotes Columbus could get with them and have a few Columbus things listed on their nearby things to do section of the site... or at least mention the white water rafting here since it would be a nice tie in with the water park.
I TOTALLY agree with you about the Great Wolf Lodge wanting to keep nearby Columbus, and all the neat things to see & do here, a secret. The same can be said for Callaway Gardens and the Pine Mountain community in general! I think there should be DAILY shuttle service between GWL and UpTown Columbus, which would benefit GWL, LaGrange, and Columbus. Perhaps, maybe a Groome Whitewater Express?

I've seen the lone I-85 whitewater billboard ad, but there needs to be at least 10 more permanent billboard ads at strategic points throughout Atlanta promoting Columbus as a great getaway venue! Also regular ads in the entertainment "Things to Do" section of the Atlanta Journal. Occasional radio/TV spots would also help! And a few ads inside Atlanta Airport. Getting more folks here would definitely help not only the Columbus hospitality industry, but also gas stations, supermarkets, shops, and even the real estate market!

Note that national publications NEVER mention Pine Mountain being only 35 miles from Columbus, the 2nd largest in Georgia! But Columbus promoters almost always mention Columbus's close proximity to Pine Mountain/Callaway Gardens. Seems unfair (maybe even jealousy?) to me.

Last edited by columbusboy8; 06-29-2022 at 02:29 PM..

Old 06-29-2022, 02:29 PM

967 posts, read 1,072,206 times
Quote:
I TOTALLY agree with you about the Great Wolf Lodge wanting to keep nearby Columbus, and all the neat things to see & do here, a secret. The same can be said for Callaway Gardens and the Pine Mountain community in general! I think there should be DAILY shuttle service between GWL and UpTown Columbus, which would benefit GWL, LaGrange, and Columbus. Perhaps, maybe a Groome Whitewater Express?

Note that national publications NEVER mention Pine Mountain being only 35 miles from Columbus, the 2nd largest in Georgia! But Columbus promoters almost always mention Columbus's close proximity to Pine Mountain/Callaway Gardens. Seems unfair (maybe even jealousy?) to me.

That's odd considering Pine Mountain is in our CSA!

Old 06-29-2022, 02:34 PM

2,614 posts, read 1,208,566 times
Quote:
I agree.

I attended a Joshua Bell concert at the large arts center downtown back in February. It was my first time in Columbus, GA. I was impressed and think the area has potential. It needs to get in touch with Atlanta's city crowd, and build from there. An example, is Galena, IL, which runs many ad campaigns in CTA stations throughout the blue line in the Loop, Chicago.

Old 06-29-2022, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
I agree.

I attended a Joshua Bell concert at the large arts center downtown back in February. It was my first time in Columbus, GA. I was impressed and think the area has potential. It needs to get in touch with Atlanta's city crowd, and build from there. An example, is Galena, IL, which runs many ad campaigns in CTA stations throughout the blue line in the Loop, Chicago.
Great idea 2020! Next time you're in Columbus, be sure to check out the roof-top bar at the Indigo Hotel, only about 3-4 blocks from the RiverCenter..

Old 07-05-2022, 01:53 PM

2,614 posts, read 1,208,566 times
Quote:
Great idea 2020! Next time you're in Columbus, be sure to check out the roof-top bar at the Indigo Hotel, only about 3-4 blocks from the RiverCenter..
In Chicago, people use the CTA more than Atlantans use MARTA. But certain stops on MARTA (Lindbergh Center, Midtown, and maybe Peachtree Center) get tons of people who use MARTA for various reasons and could use some print ads there.

Also, a billboard somewhere along I-20 or the I-75/85 junction could also be fruitful too!

Thanks for the recommendation on Indigo Hotel. I'll check that out next time I'm in the area. I definitely want to go back to Columbus to see a few things downtown, and check out the Lunch Box Museum.

I also want to cross the border to Phenix City, as I liked the movie about it (which I think was based on a true story) that was made a while back.

A note about the Joshua Bell concert, he is American but performed with an ensemble from the U.K., and he mentioned in another concert in West Palm Beach a few weeks later that he and the group really enjoyed doing the show in Columbus and the folks from the UK really got a kick out of going to Alabama, as that is not an state where they usually get to visit as they tend to perform mostly in places like NY, Miami, and the like. I think they'll try to do more performances in places like Columbus because he really seemed to enjoy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA