Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 06:51 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,020,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I know you like to play moderator when information doesn't go Cincy's way, but I didn't start the tangent, sorry...
It doesn't matter who started what or who said what to whom, so no need luring me into another one of your personalized struggles.

Right now, what matters to me most is that Cincy isn't dragged any deeper into some meaningless Millennial headcount as a straw dog for burning in order to make Cbus look good. Rather than bashing Cincinnati, I seriously think you should challenge yourself to formulate a valid retort to Mplsite's #46/#48 posts. Whether you realize it or not, your Minneapolis nemesis just buried Columbus.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:55 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,051,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
It doesn't matter who started what or who said what to whom, so no need luring me into another one of your personalized struggles.

Right now, what matters to me most is that Cincy isn't dragged any deeper into some meaningless Millennial headcount as a straw dog for burning in order to make Cbus look good. Rather than bashing Cincinnati, I seriously think you should challenge yourself to formulate a valid retort to Mplsite's #46/#48 posts. Whether you realize it or not, your Minneapolis nemesis just buried Columbus.
You're taking it a bit personally. It wasn't an attempt to make Cincinnati look bad, but clearly a few people took it that way. For whatever reason, Cincinnati has more land area within its borders that is low density. That's factually the case, not a bash. It would be like saying Columbus has bad transit options. That's factually the case, not a bash. Or that maybe Minneapolis has too many hipsters for its own good.

As far as Mplsite, he did nothing of the sort, but regardless, if you've seen our back and forth over the years, you should know by now that he doesn't respond to facts. He's all about hyperbole and, frankly, lying. I stopped giving him serious replies weeks ago, and probably should've done that a lot sooner.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:05 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,094,734 times
Columbus may have Millennials, but its not a national draw for millennials. 70.7% of metro Columbus residents are from Ohio. Compare that to a nationally known millennial attracting metro like Portland, where only 43.1% of the residents live in the state they were born in.

In college football terms, that would make Columbus the equivalent of a regional football power like Virginia Tech while Portland would be Notre Dame.

Old 11-27-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Columbus may have Millennials, but its not a national draw for millennials. 70.7% of metro Columbus residents are from Ohio. Compare that to a nationally known millennial attracting metro like Portland, where only 43.1% of the residents live in the state they were born in.

In college football terms, that would make Columbus the equivalent of a regional football power like Virginia Tech while Portland would be Notre Dame.
So even if true (source?), you're saying that some Millennials are worth more than others? I would love for you to explain that one. Ohio Millennials aren't worth as much as California or Maine ones? How does this work, exactly?

Old 11-27-2015, 11:54 AM

1,068 posts, read 1,428,364 times
Not worth more, just more mobile and well off to pick a city they want rather than default to the nearest one that has jobs. In state: Youngstown, Dayton, Akron, and Toledo combined have a large population, but don't offer much competition to Columbus and neither do dying towns along the lake, river, and Appalachian Ohio. They aren't moving to Columbus because it's a cool vibrant city, they're moving there because it's the closest place they can find a job.

Old 11-27-2015, 11:59 AM

1,068 posts, read 1,428,364 times
Quote:
You're taking it a bit personally. It wasn't an attempt to make Cincinnati look bad, but clearly a few people took it that way. For whatever reason, Cincinnati has more land area within its borders that is low density. That's factually the case, not a bash. It would be like saying Columbus has bad transit options. That's factually the case, not a bash. Or that maybe Minneapolis has too many hipsters for its own good.

As far as Mplsite, he did nothing of the sort, but regardless, if you've seen our back and forth over the years, you should know by now that he doesn't respond to facts. He's all about hyperbole and, frankly, lying. I stopped giving him serious replies weeks ago, and probably should've done that a lot sooner.
Yes, all those lies and hyperbole from credible third party sources. You just keep digging that ditch; I think you're right around the 6 ft mark.

Old 11-27-2015, 12:42 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,373,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mplsite View Post
Not worth more, just more mobile and well off to pick a city they want rather than default to the nearest one that has jobs. In state: Youngstown, Dayton, Akron, and Toledo combined have a large population, but don't offer much competition to Columbus and neither do dying towns along the lake, river, and Appalachian Ohio. They aren't moving to Columbus because it's a cool vibrant city, they're moving there because it's the closest place they can find a job.
In case you haven't noticed, Cleveland has more going on downtown than any city in Ohio. And didn't Ohio (specifically Cleveland) surpass Minnesota/Minneapolis in biotech heathcare start up money.? Seems like young high degree holding millennials have many reasons they are moving to ohio.

Old 11-27-2015, 12:45 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,373,416 times
BioEnterprise | Midwest Healthcare Startups Raise 7.8 Million in First Half of 2015

Sorry meant to attache to above post

Old 11-27-2015, 01:19 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,094,734 times
Quote:
So even if true (source?), you're saying that some Millennials are worth more than others? I would love for you to explain that one. Ohio Millennials aren't worth as much as California or Maine ones? How does this work, exactly?
Having trouble linking it. It's over in the general section under residential rankings for million plus metros.

Old 11-27-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Having trouble linking it. It's over in the general section under residential rankings for million plus metros.
The general section of what? This forum? What's the name of the thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus