Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2019, 06:47 PM

29 posts, read 88,642 times

Advertisements

Looking to relocate with our 3 young children. Tell me everything you know about Worthington Hills. On paper, it looks to be close to the neighborhood we are moving from (which we love).

How are the public schools? Are there kids that attend the local Catholic schools? What is Worthington Hills Country Club like/is there a better recommendation for a local pool with a swim team? Are the houses a good investment? Any wacky local city income taxes or things I should know about? Are the neighbors peasant/social/not snobby?

Anywhere else you would recommend as an alternative? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2019, 06:44 AM

233 posts, read 412,471 times
Not an expert but parts of the hills are unincorporated. The neighborhood contracts with a private water purveyer for expensive and low quality water.
I have heard about bad water in here for decades.
Some streets are part of Columbus.
The neighborhood is not within Worthington city limits.

Old 04-25-2019, 05:24 AM

26 posts, read 28,191 times
Very late to the party, but we looked at a few houses there. We were not impressed with the very expensive taxes ($10k+ per year on a $300,000 house) or with the fact that there are not sidewalks. That's not a big deal on the side streets, but you have to take Clubview Blvd to get between all of the side streets and it gets a significant amount of traffic.

Check out areas like Olentangy Highlands and the Linbrook area for houses with similar size/age.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:41 PM

13 posts, read 13,633 times
Default Worthington Hills

Worthington Hills is a nice area, but the Catholic schools aren’t located extremely close. Here are some basic commute times to the various schools.
St. Andrew/ St. Agatha- 15-20 min ( located in Upper Arlington)
St. Brigid- 15-20 min ( located in dublin)
St. Brendan- 20 min ( located in Hilliard)

I would suggest looking in dublin/ Hilliard area. You would be close to St. Brigid & St. Brendan. The neighborhoods are nice there and have populations of kids in both public and catholic schools. You’ll most likely be closer to the kids friends living nearby too. If you have questions on specific neighborhoods to look at, shoot me a message and we can chat on FB/ Email. Hope this somewhat helps. Not all of the neighborhood in worthington Hills is writhington, I believe some may be Columbus too. Dublin also has country clubs/ public pools, that have swim teams and social events. I’m happy to share anything with you if you reach out. @lep6030

Old 05-01-2019, 08:51 AM

654 posts, read 630,160 times
Worthington Hills was a prime prestige address...in the late '60's. Now, I am not so sure if it has retained its glory or what status it is in. It seems like it was proto exurban, as in what exurban areas would model themselves on. Now that it is somewhat in the developed area, it seems as if it is about 20 years ahead of Minerva Park, with the caveat that the NW side will probably never deteriorate into the blighted area that the Northeast side has become.

Old 05-03-2019, 06:07 AM

490 posts, read 863,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiepaccione View Post
Worthington Hills is a nice area, but the Catholic schools aren’t located extremely close. Here are some basic commute times to the various schools.
St. Andrew/ St. Agatha- 15-20 min ( located in Upper Arlington)
St. Brigid- 15-20 min ( located in dublin)
St. Brendan- 20 min ( located in Hilliard)

I would suggest looking in dublin/ Hilliard area. You would be close to St. Brigid & St. Brendan. The neighborhoods are nice there and have populations of kids in both public and catholic schools. You’ll most likely be closer to the kids friends living nearby too. If you have questions on specific neighborhoods to look at, shoot me a message and we can chat on FB/ Email. Hope this somewhat helps. Not all of the neighborhood in worthington Hills is writhington, I believe some may be Columbus too. Dublin also has country clubs/ public pools, that have swim teams and social events. I’m happy to share anything with you if you reach out. @lep6030
Isn't there a catholic school in Worthington called St. Michael's located on High Street?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus