Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM

245 posts, read 74,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
for the record, i’m excluding perrymason from my previous statement. i actually think he sees things as they are in columbus, he just says “and that’s a good thing” whereas i would like it to change. cheech and others straight up deny that any of these things even exist and want to **** on your leg and tell you it’s raining.
I never denied a lack of sidewalks in some areas is not a good thing. I don't think it is. My two points were only that it's not actually all that an uncommon situation in the US, especially for neighborhoods built during a certain time period, and that I don't think the city is just completely ignoring the problem. They have been building sidewalks over time, just maybe not as fast as anyone would like.

You don't like the city and don't plan to stay there. You view it as inferior to other cities in the state and nation in too many ways to count, so the idea that you are making these posts in some genuine hope that it improves is more than a little suspect. I don't think you care one way or another. You have no real investment in Columbus' future and I don't actually think you want it to improve. What would you post about if it did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:30 AM

11,074 posts, read 12,471,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech14 View Post
I never denied a lack of sidewalks in some areas is not a good thing. I don't think it is. My two points were only that it's not actually all that an uncommon situation in the US, especially for neighborhoods built during a certain time period, and that I don't think the city is just completely ignoring the problem. They have been building sidewalks over time, just maybe not as fast as anyone would like.

You don't like the city and don't plan to stay there. You view it as inferior to other cities in the state and nation in too many ways to count, so the idea that you are making these posts in some genuine hope that it improves is more than a little suspect. I don't think you care one way or another. You have no real investment in Columbus' future and I don't actually think you want it to improve. What would you post about if it did?
You know I live in Columbus and have a kid here right?

Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM

4,497 posts, read 6,247,523 times
Quote:
He can't deal with people disagreeing with him apparently.

Old Yesterday, 08:56 AM

Quote:
What "red herrings and straw man logic fallacies" did I use? Be specific, because your accusation makes it seem like you have no idea what those things are.

Cincinnati
https://maps.app.goo.gl/SAQ5YkB4wJvF3Drf8
Coral Springs
https://maps.app.goo.gl/x5omTAVBSMFqdbU58
Houston
https://maps.app.goo.gl/NYv6rFxW3dS3HAZ86
OKC
https://maps.app.goo.gl/qzNR4xxQsK5Y9BeZ8
Nashville
https://maps.app.goo.gl/2gatYEkSayfbjPK79
Etc. Etc.
Yes, but only Columbus has this issue.
Good grief junior. I never stated that cities have to have sidewalks on every square inch one could go. You take a dead end culdesac...back out that little road there..theres sidewalks...

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/@39.1...5409&entry=ttu

Columbus is missing sidewalks 60% of the time...no wonder you guys drive everywhere...

Is it an accusation when you accuse others of utilizing logic fallacies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXK6C2rPm1E

Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM

Quote:
you’re pretty tiresome too. how is it me hating when finally we have a dispatch article about this? people notice this. and it really sucks. this is why there is an article about just how bad it is for walking. its objective. why so sensitive? why do facts hurt you so? some of us want better and no, this isn’t cutting it. i’m glad you are happy with mediocrity though.
I post here like once a month, if that.
Yes, the sidewalk issue is certainly a negative thing. I never argued otherwise.
It's not sensitivity, it's that I don't think you have any real sincerity when talking about any Columbus issues, and these posts and threads just make for convenient fodder for you and others to dogpile.
Do you like when people do that about Cleveland by chance? I'm guessing not.

Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM

Quote:
I post here like once a month, if that.
Yes, the sidewalk issue is certainly a negative thing. I never argued otherwise.
It's not sensitivity, it's that I don't think you have any real sincerity when talking about any Columbus issues, and these posts and threads just make for convenient fodder for you and others to dogpile.
Do you like when people do that about Cleveland by chance? I'm guessing not.
I think it's kinda funny when people do that sort of thing in the Cincy thread, man there is nothing on city data that serious to cause any type of emotional disturbance or anything. In fact, Cincy has more issues than I can count. It's not haterade to bring them up, even if it's in a WTF sort of manner. Peace!

Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Good grief junior. I never stated that cities have to have sidewalks on every square inch one could go. You take a dead end culdesac...back out that little road there..theres sidewalks...

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/@39.1...5409&entry=ttu

Columbus is missing sidewalks 60% of the time...no wonder you guys drive everywhere...

Is it an accusation when you accuse others of utilizing logic fallacies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXK6C2rPm1E
You literally used the argument that "it's different!" and then projected that on me. Weird.

Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
I think it's kinda funny when people do that sort of thing in the Cincy thread, man there is nothing on city data that serious to cause any type of emotional disturbance or anything. In fact, Cincy has more issues than I can count. It's not haterade to bring them up, even if it's in a WTF sort of manner. Peace!
lol, guess you missed all the times that has happened here about Cincy/Cleveland, then. People in Ohio are extremely defensive about their home cities or cities they like.

Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I believe you also said it's for personal/work reasons and not because you actively wanted to live there. And that you also plan to leave when/if you can.

Old Yesterday, 09:33 AM

Quote:
lol, guess you missed all the times that has happened here about Cincy/Cleveland, then. People in Ohio are extremely defensive about their home cities or cities they like.
Oh man, for a laugh, go look up kjbrill posts on the Cincy forum. He embodied everything you mentioned. Think he passed a few years ago and was a good dude, but man did he love to defend all things Mason...I think he got banned for trolling or something or other...not sure…but ya right on the money there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus