Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 06:00 AM

915 posts, read 2,134,443 times

Advertisements

Anyone gotten a Samsung Chromebook?

Amazon.com: Samsung Chromebook (Wi-Fi, 11.6-Inch): Computers & Accessories

Wonder how it would work with Netzero WiFi -- and can you use a wireless mouse? I can't tell..

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 12:46 AM

310 posts, read 1,027,910 times
I'm 99% sure you can use a wireless mouse.

I'm thinking of getting one.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:14 AM

915 posts, read 2,134,443 times
I don't know; it's "Temporarily Out of Stock" this morning on Amazon. I don't know if that's a good or a bad sign. Surely if it were viable they'd not have run out of them? I may just stick with my cheapie $300 Walmart lap; they need to be replaced every couple of years but at that price, who cares. Works for me.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:35 AM

310 posts, read 1,027,910 times
I think it's a good sign. They have been selling out everywhere.

Check these articles out:

Why I left my MacBook for a Chromebook | Open Source Software - InfoWorld

New Chromebook is Amazon top-seller

Google Chromebook Sells Out At Top Online Retailers

Old 11-26-2012, 06:46 AM

2 posts, read 5,303 times
Default Samsung C7000 series

I have a Samsung NP700Z3A/NP700Z5A. I use it with a KVM switch and it works fine which tells me it will work with a wireless mouse. I just haven't tried one yet. An external mouse works far better than the touchpad that the computer is supplied with. There are a bunch of things I don't like on my Chrome. Every time I go to the Samsung Support web site I see the message, "Be the first to write a review". Could it be that no one has written a review? I'm pretty sure many have tried. I wrote a review and got the message they wouldn't publish it. They have *rules* about what you can and cannot put in the review. They don't want anything negative said about their computer or about their tech support. I have issues with both their computer and their tech support. There are many good points to the computer, like battery life and processing speed, but I should have bought an ASUS. The text of my review is available to anyone who wants to see it. All you have to do is email me. If I had it to do over I wouldn't have bought this computer.

John Hettish, john@mt2w.com]

Old 11-26-2012, 07:30 AM

16,609 posts, read 19,836,379 times
Why would an item selling out indicate a BAD product? Am I the only one scratching my head on that comment? :?
The Nexus4 phone sold out. The iPhone 3 sold out when it was released.
That usually indicates a WANTED product, no?

Old 11-26-2012, 05:44 PM

88 posts, read 168,667 times
Im using one now. Long battery life 6 hours, Turns on in 8 secounds. It beautiful and a steal at the price. Lets be real 80 % of the people are just on the internet anyway.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:08 PM

15,177 posts, read 27,936,888 times
I decided to go with one - from what I've read, they seem good and I think it'll be fine for my needs. (Now to wait for it to arrive)

Old 12-11-2012, 06:24 AM

2 posts, read 5,303 times
My post was an honest reflection of my experience. I listed the bad things I'd experienced with might have been an early production model. I also listed the good things, like battery life. I don't remember if I mentioned the quick boot, quite a change from my previous installation of Win7 on an HP laptop. Your mileage may differ.

The review was offered on a take what you can use, delete the rest basis.

John Hettish
(still wishing I'd bought an ASUS laptop)

Old 12-11-2012, 04:43 PM

15,177 posts, read 27,936,888 times
I got mine today (I don't have a wireless router) - I'm honestly thinking maybe a laptop would be better for me? (I don't do anything offline other than play the games, FreeCell, Solitaire, etc.) - I realize I need to buy a router, but have no idea what other than that... I need help from you nice folks that help a serious novice. I wanted something to use when we're on the road, or I don't want to get on the desktop (which is in our dining room), just to read forums, emails, facebook....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers