Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 11:19 AM

13,370 posts, read 40,071,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
Not sure how reliable the source, but rumor is that Cookeville is finally getting a Panera Bread store...complete with drive-thru.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkman View Post
I've heard the same thing, from the employees at the Mt Juliet location. No clue on a location though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
I here up by Sears.. Just talk on the street..
That would be great! I hadn't heard that rumor. I'm still puzzled why nothing else has gone into the old Beef O'Brady's location on Willow. I would've pegged that as an ideal place for Panera, but I guess being closer to the Sears/Belk/Kohl's shopping area is better.

And I've never seen a drive-thru at Panera, at least none in Knoxville. I love Panera, but I just hope that Christy's Cafe on Interstate Drive in Cookeville can survive when Panera comes to town.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 02:12 PM

869 posts, read 1,794,473 times
The new Panera in Oak Ridge has a drive thru. We were there for baseball at the end of April and found it.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:24 PM

Speaking of new restaurants in Cookeville, I noticed there's another burger joint in Algood. I can't remember the name, it's not Flippin Burgers but it has a similar name and is across the street from the new Flippin' Burgers location. Has anyone tried it?

There are a couple of new places in the mall I'd like to try: Brownstones and the Filipino place (Asian Grill?). Has anyone tried those?

Has anyone been to World Foods downtown since it reopened?

As much as I'd love to see places like Panda Garden and Five Guys in Cookeville, I do love helping out the locally owned eateries when I can.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 06-16-2013, 09:42 AM

111 posts, read 486,150 times
There's a new restaurant in the West End called "Seven Senses". It's located across the street from "Thomas Andrews" restaurant. While the menu is limited the food was very good. Mostly sandwiches but did have several plate dinners. They also have live music. Seven Senses has a Facebook page for more info.

The West Side Deli, located on Cedar St., is really good. Large sandwiches and home made fries. Another Deli is located across the street but I don't remember its name. It seems like a lot of new businesses are opening in the West Side.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Speaking of new restaurants in Cookeville, I noticed there's another burger joint in Algood. I can't remember the name, it's not Flippin Burgers but it has a similar name and is across the street from the new Flippin' Burgers location. Has anyone tried it?

There are a couple of new places in the mall I'd like to try: Brownstones and the Filipino place (Asian Grill?). Has anyone tried those?

Has anyone been to World Foods downtown since it reopened?

As much as I'd love to see places like Panda Garden and Five Guys in Cookeville, I do love helping out the locally owned eateries when I can.

Big Guys Burgers and Fries. Haven't tried it yet, but heard it's very similar to Flippin Burgers. There was an article in the herald Citizen about Brownstones, owner used to own a Subway franchise out west and moved back to Cookeville and opened this. There also was a Mexican restaurant in the "mall" owned by the Flippin Burgers owner, but I think he closed it down.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:59 PM

1,120 posts, read 1,623,495 times
Nacho Bizzness was operated by Flippin at the "Mall;" when Flippin when back to Algood, they took Nacho Bizzness with them. Seven Senses is across from the new Thomas Andrews...the one that burnt the last time; Seven Senses is in the original Thomas Andrews....the one that burnt the first time....food is okay...not enough green veggies however....burger was cooked nice (shouldn't have been on a croissant however), and the grit poppers were interesting. El Magueyal (spelling?) finally opened on 10th Street next door to the 19th Hole Clubhouse. World Foods continues to be amazing...oh the pizza....Westside Deli added beer, and their bagels 'n lox were good. Tried the Alehouse not too long ago....it was okay. And my wife's friends were raving about the Cooke House (another CHar venture) on the square where Maddux Station was....theme is "social dining," i.e. winebar.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
Nacho Bizzness was operated by Flippin at the "Mall;" when Flippin when back to Algood, they took Nacho Bizzness with them. Seven Senses is across from the new Thomas Andrews...the one that burnt the last time; Seven Senses is in the original Thomas Andrews....the one that burnt the first time....food is okay...not enough green veggies however....burger was cooked nice (shouldn't have been on a croissant however), and the grit poppers were interesting. El Magueyal (spelling?) finally opened on 10th Street next door to the 19th Hole Clubhouse. World Foods continues to be amazing...oh the pizza....Westside Deli added beer, and their bagels 'n lox were good. Tried the Alehouse not too long ago....it was okay. And my wife's friends were raving about the Cooke House (another CHar venture) on the square where Maddux Station was....theme is "social dining," i.e. winebar.
Thanks for the updates! So Flippin' Burgers doesn't have a mall location anymore? That's the only one I went to, and it was packed when I was there.

Where is Alehouse? What kinds of foods do they have?

I like Char, so maybe I would enjoy Cooke House, too, even though I don't drink wine.

And I agree with you about the pizza at World Foods!

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 06-18-2013, 05:30 AM

Flippin Burgers is still in the mall, just Nacho Bizness closed and moved. Ale House is by the fairgrounds, behind the Chinese Buffet. Badd location, no one knows they're there. Are they 21 & over? We've been to Char twice and had horrible service both times. 2nd time our food was comped it was so slow. The owner offered to comp the food, but was really rude about it/ Don't think we're going back a 3rd time and we have a restaurant.com certificate for there that's gone unused because we really don't care to go back.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:49 AM

36,794 posts, read 31,025,425 times
I was at flippin burger in Algood in the Algood Diner building about a week ago. Its a little different than it was when it was in the Shell station. It is sit down. The food was good, nice atmosphere and the staff really nice.

They opened a Irish Pub in Gainesboro that is really nice. I cant think of the name of it to save me tho. If you are that way you should check it out.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:13 PM

Bull & Thistle in Gainesboro. I've also heard very good things about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville