Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 06:54 PM

19,426 posts, read 15,240,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Carnival is the worst cruise line I've been on. It's ok if you're in your 20's, but if you're older or with a family then other cruise lines are much better!
I've heard this quite a bit. I've only been on one cruise, and it was Carnival. We were invited to go with older family members, and it was just a 3-day trip. But there were a lot of 20-somethings, which is fine, but not necessarily for the situation we were in. The pools were filled with them at all times. We had a groom-to-be staying in the cabin across from ours, and his bachelor party buddies would often gather in the hall. Again, they were having fun and we would joke around with them, but lots of noise and partying.

One other thing is that the shower drain in our cabin would back up, and that grosses me out. lol

Oh, and I'd always heard about how good the food was on cruises, but it was nothing to write home about at all. I was very disappointed after all I'd heard.

When we docked back home, we had to wait a few hours, I think, before we could disembark, but that was because of the weather/strong waves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
I have been on about 12 cruises over the last 25 years. Never really had a bad experience but one time we had our cruise held up in a port because a 20 year old girl fell over the railing and hit the deck several floors below. I don't know for sure, but heard she was drunk and I'm pretty sure she died. Pretty sad!
Omg, that's terrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 11:47 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,021,349 times
I was on a carnival cruise with my biracial cousin, her family and a bunch of her friends. About 4 days in, some redneck asked to see her camera and then accused her of stealing his bc he had the same one go missing. He's flipping out and throwing the N word. Security takes his side, she spent hours in cruise jail/interrogation. The next few days were hella awkward. When we got off in Florida, security detained her and the local police were there bc the guy wanted to press charges. She didn't get arrested but she had to go to the station for hours bc she somehow was able to get the store to send proof of purchase and the serial number. She ended up suing the cruise line and got a settlement.
The whole thing was really racist. I couldn't believe it was happening. This guy and his people were calling them N for 4 days straight. The staff did nothing. I have never seen anyone get treated like that.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:03 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
I was on a carnival cruise with my biracial cousin, her family and a bunch of her friends. About 4 days in, some redneck asked to see her camera and then accused her of stealing his bc he had the same one go missing. He's flipping out and throwing the N word. Security takes his side, she spent hours in cruise jail/interrogation. The next few days were hella awkward. When we got off in Florida, security detained her and the local police were there bc the guy wanted to press charges. She didn't get arrested but she had to go to the station for hours bc she somehow was able to get the store to send proof of purchase and the serial number. She ended up suing the cruise line and got a settlement.
The whole thing was really racist. I couldn't believe it was happening. This guy and his people were calling them N for 4 days straight. The staff did nothing. I have never seen anyone get treated like that.

not at all surprised at something like this happening given the lack of diversity I've noticed among the pax and the fact that most would seem to be equally at ease, whether at a wrestling match or in a buffet line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises