Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 03:57 PM

44,642 posts, read 61,669,787 times

Advertisements

Here are several blog sites about Carnival Cruise lines..pros and cons. Click on any or all of them and then make up your mind. Carnival cruising blog site - Google Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 03:22 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,214,332 times
Carnival is a dump. RC for sure.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:53 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,703,392 times
you could read the cruise critic for ideas. Based on RCCL and being on them, this is really a better
cruise line. One family member did not take my advise sailed with Carnival, and I was on RCCL
I had a way better time. Better upgrades, food beaches, oh and great weather!

Old 10-04-2008, 08:21 AM

115 posts, read 447,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
We're looking at Carnival Destiny. Anyone been on that one?
Hubby and I took a cruise on the Destiny a few years back. The rooms were nice, we had a balcony room. I can't say much for the rest of the cruise. Unfortunately it's not one we'll definitely choose again. However I'm sure every trip is different. Check out this site and reviews from others.
Carnival Destiny Cruise Reviews

Old 10-04-2008, 04:03 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,471,556 times
carnival.

Old 10-04-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
carnival.
No.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:33 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,924,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Carnival is a dump. RC for sure.
Wow, what a fact-based and well thought out reply! It sure brought alot of help to the OP.

Anyway to the OP, we've cruised on Carnival four times and we're heading out again with them next week for a 5 day cruise. I cannot directly compare CCL to other cruise lines as we've only sailed Carnival and had no reason to go elsewhere.

I've read many posts over at Cruise Critic dot Com and the concensus is that CCL and RCCL are very similar (CCL has bigger staterooms though!). I also understand CCL had a reputation during the days of Kathy Lee Gifford and they had rowdy party boats. In our four cruises, I have yet to see an obnoxiously drunk or rowdy person on board, in spite of the various party and other activities. CCL suits our family just fine and we cruise with 3 generations.

Good luck with your choice and enjoy your cruise!!!

Old 10-04-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Wow, what a fact-based and well thought out reply! It sure brought alot of help to the OP.
Thanks! Enjoy your junkie cruise

Old 10-04-2008, 10:32 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,153,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Which do you prefer and why?
Since I believe that children have no business on a cruise ship, of the two offered I would pick Royal Caribbean. However, given the choice I would choose Cunard first (but they are pricey) and Norwegian Cruises second.

Carnival would be my dead last choice.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-04-2008, 10:49 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,358,711 times
I've only been on one cruise and will never ever do it again. It was Carnival and it was the most ghetto experience I've ever had. My then GF, who was not from this country, picked it all out, not knowing any better. I've never seen so many disgustingly obese and low-class people in my life. The 24 hr. buffets don't exactly attract those who respect their bodies. They had an entire hour-long class in the auditorium on how to shop in the Bahamas. I got the feeling none of these people had ever left the U.S. before. I remember seeing one guy at dinner who was wearing what looked like a white tux. When he turned around, the back was all mesh/netting and was a long tail jacket. It was one step below those "Prom night in the hood" photos that get emailed around.

The one good thing I will say, however, were the eastern European crew. They looked like students and all wore a name tag with their country of origin. I've done a lot of off the beaten path travel in eastern Europe and so I really enjoyed sharing stories with some of those folks. But for most of the ride I just sat on the deck, read my Tom Clancy book and smoked my duty-free Dunhills. Never again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises