Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 10:58 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,214,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
I've only been on one cruise and will never ever do it again. It was Carnival and it was the most ghetto experience I've ever had. My then GF, who was not from this country, picked it all out, not knowing any better. I've never seen so many disgustingly obese and low-class people in my life. The 24 hr. buffets don't exactly attract those who respect their bodies. They had an entire hour-long class in the auditorium on how to shop in the Bahamas. I got the feeling none of these people had ever left the U.S. before. I remember seeing one guy at dinner who was wearing what looked like a white tux. When he turned around, the back was all mesh/netting and was a long tail jacket. It was one step below those "Prom night in the hood" photos that get emailed around.

The one good thing I will say, however, were the eastern European crew. They looked like students and all wore a name tag with their country of origin. I've done a lot of off the beaten path travel in eastern Europe and so I really enjoyed sharing stories with some of those folks. But for most of the ride I just sat on the deck, read my Tom Clancy book and smoked my duty-free Dunhills. Never again.
Very well said. I'm not exactly making up the fact that Carnival is a dump and attracts low class schlubs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 06:07 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,683,653 times
I think it all depends on the ship itself. Carnival has some older ships, but their new ones are incredible! I equate Carnival to Walmart, and RC to Target.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyfan View Post
I equate Carnival to Walmart
Their customers certainly fit the demographics.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:05 AM

699 posts, read 2,896,694 times
We have been on several cruises and are looking forward to our next one in a few weeks. We have cruised on Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Crown. We pick our destination and dates first. Next by price and Carnival usually fits the bill for us. I will say that price does matter. For instance, we did a short RC trip to the Bahamas and well, I will say you get what you pay for and leave it at that. Carnival has a short inexpensive trips out of Long Beach, CA and I'm sure we would be disappointed with that as well.

This is our fifth one with Carnival and I must say we love the newer ships, which have numerous balcony cabins, the activities ,the dining, the destinations, the personnel, the entertainment and the all around value.
We also like stopping at different ports to get a feel for the areas we might want to spend some time in a future vacation.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:36 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,730,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Thanks! Enjoy your junkie cruise
Talk about having no class....way to promote RC...Are you sure you don't mean Royal Crown soda?

Old 10-07-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
Talk about having no class....way to promote RC...Are you sure you don't mean Royal Crown soda?
Sorry, but I don't even use RC. I prefer Celebrity.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:24 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,683,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Sorry, but I don't even use RC. I prefer Celebrity.
Welll, you are one lucky guy/gal. Mr./Ms. Moneybags! Yes, there are some junky older carnival/RC ships...but the newer ones are really nice!

(btw, humility is a virtue!)

Old 10-07-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyfan View Post
(btw, humility is a virtue!)
That's nice...

Old 10-07-2008, 06:42 PM

18 posts, read 80,331 times
We have only sailed with RCCL... been on the Navigator of the Seas, Voyager of the Seas and Freedom of the Seas..... The Next will be the Oasis of the Seas. I have always loved the way we were treated like royalty.... never had any issues that could not be fixed and the people there are awesome! If you need any info call 800-859-7225 extention #30662....and ask for Glenn Gulko ....he knows it all and he always takes care our reservations... from the second we leave home until we fly back... he is there for us!

Old 10-27-2008, 02:22 PM

7 posts, read 25,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeedale View Post
We have only sailed with RCCL... been on the Navigator of the Seas, Voyager of the Seas and Freedom of the Seas..... The Next will be the Oasis of the Seas. I have always loved the way we were treated like royalty.... never had any issues that could not be fixed and the people there are awesome! If you need any info call 800-859-7225 extention #30662....and ask for Glenn Gulko ....he knows it all and he always takes care our reservations... from the second we leave home until we fly back... he is there for us!

How was the Navigator of the Seas? I will be cruising in November. Do you have any suggestions on activities to do both on the ship and at the ports of call?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises