Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 03:03 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times

Advertisements

those people standing outside for a handout needing to be restrained by police, how fast would they run to a lawyer if they got a little diahrea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 03:05 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,833,702 times
How is it a handout?
I would rather the food have went to people that need it rather than landfill to feed rats.

This is why the Usa is going down the tubes.....

Old 04-10-2013, 03:36 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,438,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
How is it a handout?
I would rather the food have went to people that need it rather than landfill to feed rats.

And, the people who encourage the demise of our country, will be right in front and are responsible for plenty of the damage.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:52 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,182,724 times
The bank could have made them sign waivers not holding the bank liable before they handed out the food.

Like somebody said food banks won't take expired canned goods which just means not to sale it after that date the food inside is still good. Jails won't take over abundance produce and fruits from citizens because innmates have sued them in the past.

Our country has become sue happy nobody wants to be held accountable that is what is wrong a lot of the times.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:34 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,675,409 times
There is a very fine line that must be considered when it comes to food. Food must not do harm be it paid for or donated. This is where the lawyers live on that fine line.

We all have canned food or other packed foods that are not considered perishable in our panties some of it out of date but still good.

That said, and canned goods , vacuum packed, glass jarred, or otherwise non-perishable foods can ,and should, be donated if the packaging is intact. Anything that is considered perishable should always be sent to the landfill. That leaves tons & tons of good food to donate that could feed the poor and hungry.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:52 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
How is it a handout?

they needed it? so i guess all those people must have starved to death since the food was thrown out. did they mention the death toll in the article?

Old 04-10-2013, 08:48 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,397,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
they needed it? so i guess all those people must have starved to death since the food was thrown out. did they mention the death toll in the article?

We all need to eat!We don't need to be a second away from starvation to have a need to eat

But, I agree, its the fear of lawsuits that keep such food from being distributed to .....the needy? How about anyone who is not dead? We all have certain basic needs........geez! I would have been there, too, waiting with my bags, containers, etc, if I thought they were just going to throw it away! Reminds of back in the '50's, times were tough. My mother heard about a government food give away. Mother, Grandmother, and I went, with my wagon, to get whatever they had. It was mostly cheese, some cooking oil, some white bread.......I don't remember most of it. We sure did eat a lot of cheese that summer! Guess now it would be better to throw it away

Old 04-10-2013, 08:51 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,397,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
There is a very fine line that must be considered when it comes to food. Food must not do harm be it paid for or donated. This is where the lawyers live on that fine line.

We all have canned food or other packed foods that are not considered perishable in our panties some of it out of date but still good.

That said, and canned goods , vacuum packed, glass jarred, or otherwise non-perishable foods can ,and should, be donated if the packaging is intact. Anything that is considered perishable should always be sent to the landfill. That leaves tons & tons of good food to donate that could feed the poor and hungry.
No, Grandpa, I agree, don't feed the poor with out-of-date stuff from your panties!

Old 04-10-2013, 08:55 PM

416 posts, read 630,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
You don't have to be starving on deaths door to be in need of food. Ever hear of undernourishment? If your requirement for "need" is that you'll die immediately without it, I sincerely hope you are not responsible for anyone other than yourself.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:12 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,490,401 times
Garbage Chicken!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlgWoAtHSgo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events