Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 07:35 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times

Advertisements

Rather tha rumor speculation I watit until the trial;s which will determine. One can talk over what they hear but its just speculation based on knowig less thathose who are charged under law with the duty to prosecute. Whe they filed the first charge a judge ruled their was proable caused based on thsoe facts to hold and g charge pending trail. Otehr s charges are likely coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 04:12 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,965,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
We flushed out the perps in 5 hours after the pix were released. .
While I know what you are saying, it was actually the boat owner who caught the final one after the hundreds of cops lost his trail. The cops cannot take credit on #2.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:15 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,965,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
What is with the incessant demand to have all the facts now! Today! Yesterday if not sooner.

None of us have a personal stake in these events. We, meaning us sitting at home or our offices, don't have any law enforcement or intelligence responsibilities. We don't have to figure out what charges are to be filed, what evidence will be needed to present to a grand jury. We are nothing but bystanders whose insatiable demand for instant answers fuels the idiotic members of the news media who in the name of the public's right to know report everything regardless if anything is actually true.

My suggestion, chill. The facts will unfold over a year or two and while that may not be fast enough in our Twitter, Facebook era, that's how the real world unfolds.
Most news outlets have one major source - Associated Press (AP). That is a mainstream source with little or no investigative journalism. AP propagates "pack" journalism. We may never get all the facts.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:58 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,472,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
While I know what you are saying, it was actually the boat owner who caught the final one after the hundreds of cops lost his trail. The cops cannot take credit on #2.
When I said "we" I meant "we Bostonians". It was a combined effort between the people and the cops. But you can't not give the cops some credit for catching perp number two. If it wasn't for the massive manhunt, jokar coulda just left town. Instead he had to hide under a boat.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:14 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,036,965 times
Quote:
Most news outlets have one major source - Associated Press (AP). That is a mainstream source with little or no investigative journalism. AP propagates "pack" journalism. We may never get all the facts.
Sorry but you don't know what you are writing about.

First of all, outside of major cities, and even then, AP doesn't have the resources to report on most stories and as a result rely on member news organizations for news feeds. That's why it is called associated press, it is a news organization made up of the aggregate of its members.

Second the term "pack journalism" refers to "literally packs" of journalist running after the same story. The Pack in this case is undoubtably huge. Aside from the fact that Boston is one of the largest media markets with two major daily news papers all the assorted local affiliates of all the major networks you have all of the nationals and regionals and even international reporters based in either Washington or New York besieging the city as well. And did I mention all the little independent weeklies, freelancers, bloggers and Twieristas? That my friend is pack journalism.

There would be far less bad reporting if you didn't have 50 reporters from competing news organizations all chasing every rumor, or unauthorized leak. At least then the editors could weed through it all and make something approximating an intelligent decision. The problem is't getting the facts, the problem, digging through the crap, separating what is fact and what is fiction is going as any of these threads can attest.

Last edited by ovcatto; 04-24-2013 at 08:29 PM..

Old 04-24-2013, 08:17 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,036,965 times
Quote:
The cops cannot take credit on #2.
That's so freaking crazy! Pointing to where someone is and placing them in custody are four different things.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:55 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,144,036 times
Are sources sure that he tried suicide? What if he did? How does that change anything?

The wounds in question are in his neck.

I don't know of any reason not to doubt the official version of how the older brother died. It is possible that he was run over by the police, but again, what of it? He had multiple wounds and had been engaged in a shootout with the police.

I think it is probable that the parents of these two brothers are not dependable in terms of understanding what their children did.

It is too soon to know every detail in this case. I am not sure what you are gaining by assuming there is a conspiracy. The entire world watched as this happened.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:37 PM

252 posts, read 258,289 times
Officials: Suspect unarmed when arrested in boat

Officials: Suspect unarmed when arrested in boat - News - Boston.com

Old 04-25-2013, 11:58 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,122,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Are sources sure that he tried suicide? What if he did? How does that change anything?

The wounds in question are in his neck.

I don't know of any reason not to doubt the official version of how the older brother died. It is possible that he was run over by the police, but again, what of it? He had multiple wounds and had been engaged in a shootout with the police.

I think it is probable that the parents of these two brothers are not dependable in terms of understanding what their children did.

It is too soon to know every detail in this case. I am not sure what you are gaining by assuming there is a conspiracy. The entire world watched as this happened.
+1

I don't give a hoot whether the dude tried to commit suicide or was shot by the cops. It's immaterial.
Same goes for the brother.... whether he was shot and killed or ran over by whomever and killed does not make one bit of difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events