Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 04:17 PM

4,045 posts, read 2,128,844 times

Advertisements

The girlfriend was driving the car, but if it was her boyfriend who fired the gun, why was she charged? Not sure you can control what your passenger does…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2021, 04:32 PM

12,382 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
The girlfriend was driving the car, but if it was her boyfriend who fired the gun, why was she charged? Not sure you can control what your passenger does…
Presumably she piloted the car into firing position and then drove the escape route. Little different from a team of a fighter pilot and a bombardier who drops a bomb or missile

Old 06-07-2021, 04:49 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,736,000 times
Someone here should create a poll so we can vote how long before they are released on their own recognizance, bail, or on parole.

Old 06-07-2021, 04:54 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,043,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
Someone here should create a poll so we can vote how long before they are released on their own recognizance, bail, or on parole.
Yeah, in California, i'm not sure that i'd even take that bet~

Apparently they are being held at 1mill @ They ain't going anywhere soon

PS. These two were under-investigation BEFORE THE SHOOTING... Authorities have been watching them (for something)...

Old 06-07-2021, 06:11 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Those of us who are true crime freaks know that they can track our movements as long as we have our phones with us.

You should watch the show Person of Interest that was on a few years ago. Can probably get it streaming.
the phones are just one tool, they dont need us to carry them. they can track us as we drive through the thousands upon thousands of points where they have license plate scanners.

Last edited by CaptainNJ; 06-07-2021 at 07:36 PM..

Old 06-07-2021, 06:28 PM

1,462 posts, read 971,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
SOMEONE is gonna collect HUGH REWARD... i think it was up to 400k~

Nice...and for a good Cause !

Last I saw, the reward was up to 500k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
With as much publicity as this story has received, there is no way they are leaving jail anytime soon. She'll probably won't get life, but she'll be in for a long time.

If these are the two associated with shooting the boy, I hope they throw the book at them. Just a bummer that Californians will have to foot the bill for them in jail.

Old 06-07-2021, 07:11 PM

3,052 posts, read 2,923,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I know the previous thread was locked, but just wanted to give an update on the road rage murder case.

Mods, feel free to update that thread and re-lock if needed, thank you.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/7581276002/
After reading the article, particularly the part where the mother and sister spoke about the victim: That's what these nutcases take away from people: things in life that make life worth living. There are some sick, sick people out there; miserable wells of existence that cannot appreciate beauty and the treasures of a lovely life.

Old 06-07-2021, 08:34 PM

6,451 posts, read 3,967,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Presumably she piloted the car into firing position and then drove the escape route. Little different from a team of a fighter pilot and a bombardier who drops a bomb or missile
OTOH, you're trapped in a car with a guy who has a gun and just shot a child... are you going to refuse to do whatever he tells you??

Old 06-07-2021, 08:50 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Here's a question. Did these people know they shot a kid when they did it? It sounds to me as if they just fired into the vehicle and weren't aiming at--and probably didn't see--the kid. I bet only later when they heard the news reports did they realize they killed a little boy.

Don't anybody start with saying anything unnecessary, now. OBVIOUSLY it doesn't matter one bit whether or not they intentionally shot the boy. They killed him, and they should pay for their extreme callousness and stupidity and responsibility for the taking of his life to the full extent that the law allows.

I'm just curious as to whether these two fools thought they just fired a bullet into a vehicle for chits and giggles and found out later they killed a child in the back seat. They apparently did not aim at the mother (or he was a bad shot if he did).

Old 06-07-2021, 09:08 PM

10,981 posts, read 6,852,461 times
From what I saw on the news, this guy target practiced all the time. A complete callous loser from the looks of the video. I don't understand why people gesture when they know so many more people are packing nowadays. AZ is a conceal carry state, so many people have guns with them in their cars and they do love to shoot them, doesn't matter when. When I moved there I was advised to never show the finger by my friend who had been living there for 20 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events