Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2023, 11:37 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,082,509 times

Advertisements

This behavior of his didn’t just happen overnight out of the blue.
This was an absolute brutal beating and I wouldn’t be surprised if this wasn’t his first attack on someone.
Does he have a history of this or possibly have this a sealed record of this?
I’d wager he does it again and soon if he is released.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2023, 07:08 AM

2,466 posts, read 2,766,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
This was an absolute brutal beating and I wouldn’t be surprised if this wasn’t his first attack on someone.
A few posts above yours, there's a list of his previous charges.

Old 12-06-2023, 08:52 AM

9,890 posts, read 4,656,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
Yup, throw in a tech obsessed generation might as well taken away crack from an addict. Some gamers are worse than addicts when they're not playing.

Judging by how fast he started beating her without hesitation I'd say there was an escalation phase for demanding respect and/or using violence for what he wanted.

Old 12-06-2023, 08:59 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
Needs to be in jail for the rest of his life

Old 12-07-2023, 05:05 AM

16,282 posts, read 10,424,652 times
As I initially read the story I felt for his mother. And I still do, what to do with someone like this? But when he told the victim "I should have killed you" after he was arrested, and given his history of assaults, he needs to be incarcerated for the safety of the public. This is a dangerous young man and he should be locked up in a mental institution not a prison cell.

Old 12-07-2023, 08:01 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,209,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
As I initially read the story I felt for his mother. And I still do, what to do with someone like this? But when he told the victim "I should have killed you" after he was arrested, and given his history of assaults, he needs to be incarcerated for the safety of the public. This is a dangerous young man and he should be locked up in a mental institution not a prison cell.
I agree but I'm not sure how that option works in today's world. Do today's mental institutions effectively imprison someone?

Old 12-08-2023, 03:54 PM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
I agree but I'm not sure how that option works in today's world. Do today's mental institutions effectively imprison someone?

Depends on the place, but yes.

Remember, there's the people who are 'civilly committed' after a sex offense. Let's be honest, regardless of the terminology.. They're in prison, it just goes by a different name.

Guy I went to high school with is.. "Civilly committed", likely for the rest of his life, in Virginia.

And yes.. He doesn't need to be in prison, but.. He's demonstrated an inability to function in society, so.. For public safety, he needs to be isolated until such time as he can demonstrate that he's gained that ability.

Old 12-12-2023, 10:13 AM

9,423 posts, read 11,176,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Of course it matters. If you go to any school for developmentally disabled people, they’ll tell you what a dangerous job it is. I saw a woman suddenly freak out and start throwing things and trying to hit people while working in a sheltered workshop when I was an OT student. We had lectures on how to get out of it if you’re being choked from the front, from the back, etc.

We have a long time poster here CoChristie, who has a huge autistic teen who regularly beats her up and they have special protocols in his school to deal with his violence. It is not something he can control, he’s low functioning.

It sounds like this kid shouldn’t have been in public school but Special Services district.
And now he should be in Special Services Prison. For Life. He's not going to get un-violent. Period.

Old 12-12-2023, 09:28 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
And now he should be in Special Services Prison. For Life. He's not going to get un-violent. Period.
According to his adoptive mother, he was on a large variety of meds that weren't working, and she tried and tried to get more help for him, but there weren't services readily available for mentally ill teens. Apparently once he assaulted this teacher, and was put in a correctional facility, they worked his meds out where he is now much more stable.

Mental health care for teens can be so hard to get, even with parents screaming for help.

Last edited by ClaraC; 12-12-2023 at 09:42 PM..

Old 12-13-2023, 01:50 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,136,400 times
The Nintendo Switch Lite (portable) requires a lot of sound intelligence to operate. It is horrible!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events