Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2024, 05:38 PM

2,290 posts, read 1,511,895 times

Advertisements

Why the American fascination with the Royal family of another country? I find it a bit bizarre.
Is there a similar focus on the lives of eg the Spanish royals or the Danish royals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2024, 05:57 PM

1,380 posts, read 721,367 times
Who knows... maybe Kate is in Montecito setting up housekeeping for when William and the kids defect and move over.

Old 03-17-2024, 06:14 PM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
and put an end to all this speculation about her dying for being in a coma? I mean is it that difficult for her in whatever her present predicament is to just show the world she's okay? There's more afoot here than meets the eye. One of the theories being put forth is that Kate is gradually being written out of palace life and duties because she and William have agreed on a divorce and, true to royal form, Kensington palace is being as catty about things as they can get away with. People have noticed that William doesn't mention her or refer to her when he's doing his royal duties. It's "I hope you all...." instead of "The princess of Wales and I...."

Anyone have any sensible reasons why Kate can't just appear for the cameras for just a few seconds to let us know she's okay?
Not our business.

Clearly this young mother has something serious going on. Leave her be please.

Old 03-17-2024, 11:33 PM

6,849 posts, read 4,847,655 times
@@ I don't understand why people are so nosy.
I think she should take a couple extra months off just to flummox the busy bodies.

Old 03-18-2024, 12:25 AM

5,456 posts, read 8,169,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbird View Post
When Kensington Palace first announced her surgery in January, didn't they say she wouldn't return to work until after March 31st or Easter? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.
Work?? Do you mean she has a job?

Old 03-18-2024, 06:54 AM

24 posts, read 5,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
Why the American fascination with the Royal family of another country? I find it a bit bizarre.
Is there a similar focus on the lives of eg the Spanish royals or the Danish royals?
+100

We literally went to war with the British to escape from the clutches of their royal family!

Old 03-18-2024, 07:05 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Work?? Do you mean she has a job?
All of those appearances that Kate makes in her official role as a Royal is work. She performs her duties beautifully, is well suited for that role and makes it all look natural but just think what a huge responsibility that is to constantly be mindful of Royal protocol and doing things just so - all the time.

I would never be able to do what she does and I think that is true of most people.

I hope she has found a way to enjoy this break from the public spotlight. Easter is fast approaching and she will be back "on" before we know it.

Old 03-18-2024, 08:19 AM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times
Quote:
I never understood this. I can see the British caring, but I'm not interested.

Old 03-18-2024, 08:26 AM

6,786 posts, read 4,224,158 times
Quote:

Growing up in Europe, I remember there were entire gossip magazines devoted to covering royals from all those countries, from Denmark to Monaco..the kind of thing you'd see as reading material at the hairdresser.

I think people (and really primarily women and gay men) love the glamour of it all. I mean royal families are basically people paid to perform for the public wearing glamorous clothes in front of magnificent backdrops of historic buildings, palaces etc.

I suspect in contrast the political class and business elite that really call the shots are not very interesting or great to look at.

Old 03-18-2024, 08:46 AM

24,476 posts, read 10,804,014 times
European papers show photo of visit at farmers market this morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events