Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 12:01 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
Febreeze is only for first class passengers. Those in economy class will only get a stale bag of chips.

If I ever get on a plane and see a dog on the flight, I'm turning around and getting off the plane.
There are dogs on many, if not most, of the flights I've been on. Perhaps you haven't noticed dogs, because they are supposed to stay in a carrier under the seat, for which the owner pays a hefty price ($150 each way in my experience).

Flying with a pet is not ideal (imo) but sometimes can't be avoided. I used to live on a small island in the Caribbean, but I would have to be in the states for weeks to months at a time periodically. I had no feasible option but to fly with my dog in a TSA carrier under the seat. Other times when I have moved cross country, I have flown with a dog. I'm not putting my 6 pound pup down below in cargo.

Now, why a dog was in the aisle and pooping, as described in the OP, is beyond me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2024, 12:20 PM

11,103 posts, read 9,744,154 times
And that must've been one heck of a poop! Most dog poops require a quick scoop with a baggie, and maybe 2-3 minutes with a rag and rug spot cleaner. Finish with a little spritz of Febreze and you're good to go. Must've been of the "loose" variety.

Old 04-10-2024, 02:07 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Is the person who allowed their dog to roam the aisle, going to be held responsible for this fiasco? S/he should be charged for the clean-up and also for all the food that ended up being trashed because it had spoiled. I say go even further---ban them from flying the "Friendly Skies" (aka United) ever again.

I feel bad for the crew that had to deal with this. Also, for those who may have missed important meetings/events due to the delay.

Old 04-10-2024, 02:14 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
And that must've been one heck of a poop! Most dog poops require a quick scoop with a baggie, and maybe 2-3 minutes with a rag and rug spot cleaner. Finish with a little spritz of Febreze and you're good to go. Must've been of the "loose" variety.
The ONLY dog I ever let in my house, did a number on my carpet, and nothing could ever remove that stain. I don't have the carpet anymore, and there will be no more canines in my home.

Old 04-10-2024, 02:18 PM

1,197 posts, read 527,858 times
Why would it take two hours?

Old 04-10-2024, 02:37 PM

4,022 posts, read 1,872,571 times
If I ever get on a plane and see a dog on the flight, I'm turning around and getting off the plane.

Agree with others here - I fly a ton and rarely a day goes by without a dog. I have been seated next to a (crated floor) dog for flights of several hours - and was not aware there was a dog until we landed. THAT is how it's supposed to be.

I'd say we're on the watch for someone's 2 year old child running down the aisle and doing the same thing.

Old 04-10-2024, 03:42 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
A United flight had to divert because a dog pooped in the aisle, the airline confirmed to Business Insider.

Reddit user "gig_wizard" said they were on Flight 422 from Houston to Seattle on Friday when the incident occurred. The ground crew spent over two hours trying to clean the carpet with paper towels, and shared photos of the mess. "The smell never quite went away," they added.

It happened next to the first-class toilet, which was then deemed unusable.

https://www.businessinsider.com/unit...ent=newsletter
How the hell does that take two hours to clean? An elephant with diarrhea would take that long, not a dog.

Old 04-11-2024, 03:43 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
How the hell does that take two hours to clean? An elephant with diarrhea would take that long, not a dog.
Diarrhea and paper towels, while trying to work around passengers? Probably left quite a liquid trail all along the aisle too, not a little puddle.
Having had to clean up after a customer who puked all down a main aisle of a busy store, I can definitely see it, not the easiest of tasks.

Old 04-11-2024, 07:00 AM

2,627 posts, read 1,170,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I mean there was a human who had explosive diarrhea on a flight from Atlanta to Spain not long ago and the plane had to turn around and go back because of that. I'll take dog poop over adult human poop like that any day.

I do think dogs roaming around flights like this will cause issues. Maybe they should wear a diaper on the flights if they're prone to this? not kidding.
Can't go into a mall with a dog without putting a diaper on the dog but be confined on a plane flight oh that's ok to not have to wear a dog diaper

Old 04-11-2024, 07:16 AM

13,706 posts, read 12,413,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Pets are supposed to be in a carrier, but we all know some people have convinced themselves the rules don't apply to them. Bona fide service animals don't need to be confined, but nothing in the article suggested a service dog was involved. A properly trained service dog's housetraining would be pretty bombproof and they'd also be on a schedule, so unless one suffered a health problem very unlikely this would happen.
A normal dog defecation wouldn't cause a flight to turn around. Think about it. You'd pick up the turds and toss them in the toilet and they'd use whatever they could to scrub the carpet quick and it shouldn't cause a flight to turn.

The dog obviously had a really bad liquid-ish diarrhea. Which is indicative it had a stomach bug or wasn't really a service animal and was severely anxious and got the squirts (Dogs frequently get diarrhea when travelling.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events