Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 02:42 AM

23,887 posts, read 33,621,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The only people who can get away with disturbingly stupid tattoos, piercings, and hairstyles are self employed business owners or entrepreneurs who don't have to apply for a job because they are the job.

Perception is reality, and the perception is that most people who get these face tattoos, neck tattoos, sleeve tattoos, nose piercing are criminals, idiots, unprofessional, impulsive, or all four.

Excessive tattoos indicate exterior stupidity, not interior stupidity. Interior stupidity would be people who are obese, drug abusers, alcohol abusers, and chain smokers. Travis Barker and Machine Gun Kelly are heavily tattooed and seem to be in fine health.

Do people with excessive tattoos suffer from mental insecurity? Mayne. Is there a correlation between excessive tattoos and interior harm to the body? I haven't seen it. I know plenty of people with zero tattoos who are morbidly obese, have diabetes, and chain smoke all day knowing they could have a stroke or heart attack at any moment.

Travis Barker is one I usually mention when talking about inking their face. He is so gross! I don't know what Kortney Kardashian sees in him.

Apparently Machine Gun Kelly covered both arms and upper chest in black out tattoo because he had a lot of regret over them. There are pictures at the two links below.

Wonder what he will do when he regrets the black outs?

Machine Gun Kelly ‘had a breakdown’ before getting viral blackout tattoo

Quote:
Machine Gun Kelly is giving fans more insight into his decision to cover much of his fan-favorite chest and arm tattoos with a dramatic — and now viral — blackout tattoo.

In his new piano rap ballad “Don’t Let Me Go” released Wednesday, MGK, whose real name is Colson Baker, says, “Wish I didn’t listen just like I wish they would understand me one time / I had a breakdown and tatted my entire body except one line / Everything’s just fine.”

His lyrics refer to his massive new ink, which he debuted via Instagram on Tuesday.

Inside Machine Gun Kelly’s viral blackout tattoo sessions: ‘Most painful s–t I ever experienced’

Quote:
“We’ve done about seven sessions,” he told the camera again in an update. “It’s been about two weeks since we started. This was the most painful s–t I’ve ever experienced in my life.”

The “Genre : Sadboy” artist’s new ink covers his entire upper body — including his nipples and belly button, which he got a kick out of in Monday’s video.

“Wait, is that my belly button?” he asked the camera operator upon a close-up of his blacked-out navel. “Oh my god, look at my f–kin’ belly button,” he laughed.

His new art piece was done by tattoo artist Roxx, who told The Post in February that they completed the tattoo over Christmas in New York.

“MGK was the toughest client she’s ever worked with,” a rep for Roxx told us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2024, 09:40 AM

17,282 posts, read 15,476,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The only people who can get away with disturbingly stupid tattoos, piercings, and hairstyles are self employed business owners or entrepreneurs who don't have to apply for a job because they are the job.

Perception is reality, and the perception is that most people who get these face tattoos, neck tattoos, sleeve tattoos, nose piercing are criminals, idiots, unprofessional, impulsive, or all four.

Excessive tattoos indicate exterior stupidity, not interior stupidity. Interior stupidity would be people who are obese, drug abusers, alcohol abusers, and chain smokers. Travis Barker and Machine Gun Kelly are heavily tattooed and seem to be in fine health.

Do people with excessive tattoos suffer from mental insecurity? Mayne. Is there a correlation between excessive tattoos and interior harm to the body? I haven't seen it. I know plenty of people with zero tattoos who are morbidly obese, have diabetes, and chain smoke all day knowing they could have a stroke or heart attack at any moment.
I don’t think “fine health” and MGK belong in the same sentence.

Old 04-28-2024, 08:54 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,124,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinT View Post
When I was young I thought about getting a tattoo. I then read an article where Axl Rose said "Before you get a tattoo, sleep on it for a year. If you still want it after that, you must really want it."

I'm glad I took advice from Axl Rose ... I have no tattoos ... I look much better being clean cut.

Its actually very good and very common advice. I had a small picture of the design for my 1st in my wallet for almost a year before I decided.

Old 04-29-2024, 01:31 PM

2,045 posts, read 3,359,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
You don't have to understand. Her body, her choice. Although that does seem to be a dying philosophy these days. And what does her being "attractive" have to do with anything? She doesn't owe anyone her looks.

Maybe they're not concerned about being attractive to other people, let alone men. Do you feel the same about handsome men with tattoos?
THIS.

I thought i posted already in this thread - but i'm not sure...

Yes, facial tattoos will make it hard to get hired in certain jobs. I'm not a fan of them - but that just means i won't get any of them. Most other tattoos i really like. They're body art that someone chose - usually for themSELF, or as a memoriam to someone. But there are many reasons that people get tattoos. I certainly don't find them dirty, disgusting, or unattractive.

I didn't get any until i turned 40, so i slept on my ideas way longer than over nite

They are the least of my worries as far as my skin or health at age 65. I worked at the US postal service til retirement and get a pension, and you could have piercings and tattoos with no problem. They're also one of the largest employers of vets, who have been tattooed quite a bit thru history.

Last edited by Jellybean50; 04-29-2024 at 02:15 PM..

Old 04-29-2024, 01:54 PM

36,588 posts, read 30,928,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
You don't have to understand. Her body, her choice. Although that does seem to be a dying philosophy these days. And what does her being "attractive" have to do with anything? She doesn't owe anyone her looks.

Maybe they're not concerned about being attractive to other people, let alone men. Do you feel the same about handsome men with tattoos?
Meh, I do. I'm just not a big fan. My grand got a sleeve and I think it just looks dirty and takes away from his looks.

Sorry but if I were an employer servicing the public a perspective employee with face/neck tattoos, extreme face piercings or any large visible tattoo would get a pass. I dont care if they are attractive or ugly.

Old 05-01-2024, 03:09 AM

7,421 posts, read 3,564,025 times
the psychology of tattooing your face screams you have issues and will be a problem employee. Why else do prisoners overwhelmingly have face tattoos? I met a guy with face tattoos. teardrops and he had “Stay Away” tattooed above each eye among other tats on face. He was literally the worst human predator I have ever personally met. Although I am a non-violent person, I kept thinking that the world would be much better off if he had a bullet in his head. Total garbage.

Old 05-01-2024, 06:02 AM

7,126 posts, read 4,845,964 times
I think the bigger issue is not her facial tattoos and piercings, but rather her refusal to realize that it will have repercussions such as difficulty getting certain jobs.

To each his own, however victim mentality is not attractive.

Old 05-01-2024, 09:21 PM

30,383 posts, read 51,996,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Freckles and scars are not ugly tats.....ugly tats on faces and hands show little self respect for your body. And yes I am a blast at parties!!
None of this has any connection to being "dirty," as you implied with your original comment.

Old 05-01-2024, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
Well that's just not true at all. The Daily Mail is not center-right, it's firmly right. It's not toned down at all, it's deliberately incendiary, designed for outrage. It's been banned as a Wikipedia source because of its sensationalist and unreliable reporting. It pretends to be respectable because it doesn't have a red top, but it's just a trashy tabloid for people who think they are better than everyone else. Every overblown rightwing story comes out of the Mail, it's clickbait on paper and the web.
Thank you. I wasn't even going to dignify their comment, so I appreciate you doing it for me.

Old 05-01-2024, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I'm not hiring many people but as a landlord, face tattoos are an automatic rejection for the applicants who hope to rent. Not for the actual tattoo, but for lack of common sense.

Well, sometimes it is the actual tattoo, The guy with the black widow spider and spider web tattooed on his face just didn't seem like he would be a good responsible choice for a tenant, and prison tattoos anywhere, not just the face, are an automatic rejection.
I feel like this should be illegal; it probably isn't, but it feels gross and discriminatory. What if they were a reformed gang member, who now counsels youth heading down that path? Or a military veteran? You'd just immediately write them off as "irresponsible," and that's so wrong imo. I guess you'll get your karma one day for that.

Last edited by gizmo980; 05-01-2024 at 09:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events