Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 04:55 AM

4,881 posts, read 3,303,769 times

Advertisements

Read a story on Daily Mail this morning

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...sh-putnam.html

Seems pretty clear she was rejected 'on paper' before anyone saw her in person, but now she can use the event to 'monetize' it by whining about it on her OnlyFans site. Perhaps the only reason she applied was to do that.

One might wonder if TJ Maxx could (should) 'fight back' on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2024, 06:04 AM

27,225 posts, read 13,514,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post

Seems pretty clear she was rejected 'on paper' before anyone saw her in person, but now she can use the event to 'monetize' it by whining about it on her OnlyFans site. Perhaps the only reason she applied was to do that.

In reality it is not tattoos full stop, it's the fact that she/he/it has them on her neck and has piercing on her face and other areas that will be seen by the public, and would be difficult to cover up.

It's also the nature of the tattoos which are of Satan (the Devil) and other such images, and may not sit well with many potential customers.

There are certain things you just don't have tattooed in prominent places, and I would suggest Satan is one of them.

There are plenty of jobs that don't involve working directly with the public and I would suggest that she/he/it applies for one of them.

Last edited by Brave New World; 04-25-2024 at 07:00 AM..

Old 04-25-2024, 06:14 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,122,557 times
I agree witht the poster above. I have quite a few visible tattoos. Although not on the face and certainly not similar content. Mostly abstract tribal-ish designs that I came up with myself originally intended to hide a few scars sustained in childhood. However, I understand why TJ Maxx and possibly other customer-front positions at other companies would reject her as a candidate. I would support TJ Maxx and the like if they fight back. While at work, you represent the company and they certainly should hire the candidate that could represent the goods and services that the company is offering.

In my opinion, it is just another attention-seeking individual that is all too common these days. Obviously, I have nothing against tattoos but it is a personal choice and you have to own up to your personal choices. This individual also does OnlyFans. I would think many companies would also have a problem with that.

I personally never had a problem with my tattoos. I did have one customer front job that required uniforms; we had a choice of short sleeve polos or long sleeve button-ups. My tattoos were never a problem before the change happened and I worked their for many years. My boss requested that I wear the long sleeve button-ups to cover the majority of my tattoos just in case a customer had a problem with them. I gladly complied.

Old 04-25-2024, 06:30 AM

20,710 posts, read 4,468,290 times
Quote:

Boo hoo a company that isn't known for having tattooed up employees won't hire me.

TSS

There are other people that had it worse. Like the French School Teacher that was "fired" because he scared a child. Although since he was a good teacher they just moved him to higher grades.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/28/europ...ntl/index.html

Old 04-25-2024, 07:12 AM

8,090 posts, read 12,808,660 times
Yes, a retail store and most other customer-facing jobs will probably not hire someone with a face tattoo. In my opinion, it is not discrimination since the individual had a choice in this disfigurement.

Old 04-25-2024, 07:25 AM

17,274 posts, read 15,467,080 times
There’s “tattoos,” and then there’s “TATTOOS!!!”
Geez lady, wtf? Yeah I don’t think any company would want someone covered up in Satanic imagery including on her face in front of customers.

Why does this article refer to her as an Onlyfans “star?”

Old 04-25-2024, 07:38 AM

12,395 posts, read 8,176,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
There’s “tattoos,” and then there’s “TATTOOS!!!”
Geez lady, wtf? Yeah I don’t think any company would want someone covered up in Satanic imagery including on her face in front of customers.

Why does this article refer to her as an Onlyfans “star?”
I would say that a local bar band that has people seek them out and pay to hear them are also "stars", just not Taylor Swift. I think it was Richard Dreyfuss who back in the day was describing his "stardom" compared to Arnold Schwarzenegger's comes down to levels of relative fame..

Old 04-25-2024, 07:39 AM

6,566 posts, read 8,411,165 times
Every view, click and interaction of the video makes her money. That's why she did it.

Old 04-25-2024, 09:45 AM

16,080 posts, read 21,184,726 times
Quote:

She thinks she's special enough that a potential RETAIL employer looking for PART TIME help would look her up on social media to see what she looks like before she gets a form letter rejecting her? Hahahahahahahahah.
Her application probably never even made it as far as being seen by an actual human being in the first place.

People and their misplaced sense of self importance.... sigh.

Old 04-25-2024, 09:59 AM

2,071 posts, read 1,680,212 times
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I wouldn't hire her for a warehouse job where she never sees the public. Face tattoos and piercings are not in one of the categories you aren't allowed to consider for hiring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events