Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:22 AM

23,882 posts, read 33,614,343 times

Advertisements

I'm glad that she was found. I guess we'll see how long before she runs away again or just goes out, doesn't go home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
From that same article above:

"The San Francisco Police Department offered no additional details beyond confirming that Mint was "safely located and reunited with family." But a source familiar with the investigation said a San Francisco beat cop found Mint hanging out with someone in the Tenderloin late Saturday."

Good work by and kudos to the cop.
She was not alone then. That could explain why in the previous news article(s), "they/them" was used to refer to Mint.

These days, it's almost weird to not see what pronouns people use. I was filling out new patient forms almost a year ago, it had asked me what pronouns I use. I could care less about someone using the wrong ones for me.

I've also seen pronouns for the doctors staff which is a bit too much for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:52 PM

61,857 posts, read 87,314,674 times
So, Mint was actually kidnapped???

Prosecutors charged two adults with abducting a Bay Area billionaire’s child and hiding the teenager in San Francisco for six days and encouraging the teen to not return home.

On Tuesday, the Marin County District Attorney’s Office filed felony charges against Christopher “Kio” Dizefalo, 26, of San Francisco, and Sarah Atkins for allegedly abducting a 16-year-old minor in Marin County on April 21.
Mint Butterfield’s alleged kidnapper shows off face tattoo at San Francisco arraignment.
26-year-old man appeared in a San Francisco court Wednesday to face kidnapping charges for allegedly abducting Mint Butterfield, the 16-year-old child of billionaire Slack co-founder Stewart Butterfield.
He was arrested and booked at Marin County Jail on suspicion of child abduction and other violations...

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...rfields-child/

Old Today, 04:09 PM

78,536 posts, read 60,718,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
So, Mint was actually kidnapped???

Prosecutors charged two adults with abducting a Bay Area billionaire’s child and hiding the teenager in San Francisco for six days and encouraging the teen to not return home.

On Tuesday, the Marin County District Attorney’s Office filed felony charges against Christopher “Kio” Dizefalo, 26, of San Francisco, and Sarah Atkins for allegedly abducting a 16-year-old minor in Marin County on April 21.
Mint Butterfield’s alleged kidnapper shows off face tattoo at San Francisco arraignment.
26-year-old man appeared in a San Francisco court Wednesday to face kidnapping charges for allegedly abducting Mint Butterfield, the 16-year-old child of billionaire Slack co-founder Stewart Butterfield.
He was arrested and booked at Marin County Jail on suspicion of child abduction and other violations...

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...rfields-child/
Eh, more like convince-knapped, but still carries the same penalty.

Potatoe, potato.

She basically ran away from home and there is apparently coercion so, since she is a minor...there you have it.

If she were 21 then nope. *shrug* Entitled individuals living in fantasy worlds with lotsa drugs.

P.S. I highly encourage any legal defense if there is one, I don't want to presume guilt. But yeah, druggie dudes roaming about with a 16yo....sketch city. I'll let the courts figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events