Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 06:39 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,191,116 times

Advertisements

Good morning

Happy Friday !!! Yay it is Friday

Not sure what is on the agenda for today 80 % chance of rain so not sure if yard work is on the list I may head into the exercise room to get that recleared so I can get to the treadmill

A few work things and a few errands

Hopefully you have a more exciting day ahead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 10:42 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,572,459 times
Well, I got the CAT scan results yesterday. It is what the one doctor thought. The cancer is in my lungs now. The nodes are bigger than they were, not smaller. So, in 6 weeks they are doing another CAT scan and then I guess I will start chemo, do that once a week for what is left of my life, with possible breaks to give me a rest from it. Don't even know what to do or think. And, I am supposed to start some kind of walking program or something to get stronger before I start treatment. I can't tell you how inspired I am to do that. ha. **** them. They were supposed to cure me.

Sorry. Had to vent.

Old 02-21-2014, 04:15 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,240,612 times
OMG Connie, I am so very sorry! Why are they not talking surgery? I had a friend who had successful surgery on her lungs and she is doing well. Another had that stem cell treatment for breast cancer that had spread to her lungs. Get a second opinion if you have too. I have had to do that before when I did not agree with the cancer treatment. I found exercise at Curves helped me, it kept me healthy and gave me energy when I did not have energy on days I missed. Hugs girlfriend I am here for whatever you need.

Nothing new here, going to clean the bathroom and unpack my books. After reading Connie's post I really think I just want a beer and to sit here.

Hugs and lots of love from me.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:12 PM

What happened to your friend who had the stem cell treatment? The oncologist said I could look for studies at other places, but then I'd have to travel there and back for treatment. I don't really know how to find out, but I could maybe email the clinical research coordinator and ask her. She is really nice.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 02-21-2014 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: wrong info

Old 02-21-2014, 05:53 PM

She was still alive 8 years after the stem cell, I am not sure about now we lost touch. This procedure was just done in Grand Rapids MI at the hospital we both worked at. Don't you have one of those cancer treatment centers by you. God just don't lose hope, there is always a better med or treatment. My brother lived over two years with liver cancer (secondary to the gall bladder cancer he had), and he was told to get his stuff in order he would not be alive in 3 months!

My brother started reaching out to teaching hospital's, looking into their programs. He had his choice of three different places. What is close to you, I can help out looking.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:07 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,191,116 times
Connie I am so sorry to hear this but am ready to help you fight as Sandy was saying I have a uncle who had lung cancer and they operated and removed one ling that was 20 years ago and he just celebrated his 80 th birthday until my cardio doc told me about the drug trial place I never knew they existed. I could reach out to the one I went to and see if there is a network thing with them and they may know of a center up by you

You vent all you want and anything we can do we will. Your our family

big hugs.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:20 PM

If you want to Karla, ok. I found something on the American Cancer Society's site to look for clinical trials.

Sandy, there is one of those cancer treatment center's of America [is that what you mean?] near Cleveland.

Thank you both. I am surprised the only suggestion he made was chemo, but he said if I wanted to talk more, to just make an appt. to see him. I was kind of thinking of doing that anyway. I go in to see the radiation people in a couple weeks for a scope and stuff, maybe I'll see what they have to say.

I can't imagine the oncologist not telling me the treatment that he thinks would be best for me. No suggestion for surgery or anything, but he said before they were too small to biopsy, so maybe that is why.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:24 PM

I was talking about one of those Connie, they just sound like they give hope and every treatment possible before saying negative things. How far are you from Cleveland?

Old 02-21-2014, 06:38 PM

About 3 hours, give or take.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 02-21-2014 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: nvm

Old 02-21-2014, 07:04 PM

Call them, what can it hurt? How about the U of M?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals