Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 05:21 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,167,724 times

Advertisements

I am going to lol clean the carpets !!!!!

Good morning everyone

cleaning the carpets is up there with mowing the lawn one of those things that you get immediate results so it is on the fun list

I had the chem dry folks out a couple of months ago and while they did a good job certain areas really needed the extraction system not the "spin bonnet" system they use.
So I will get out my super duper carpet cleaning machine and take care of the few areas.

Not to mention that if you switch arms using the machine it is a pretty good arm and upper back workout

It is suppose to go up to 91 today so I will be doing inside activities

So what will your fun & excitement be for today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 05:37 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,634,398 times
Good morning Karla. Hubby and I were just discussing that exact topic the other day. Time to get the rugs cleaned. I usually have them done but it is getting expensive. Any recommendations for doing it yourself? Taebo work-out this morning then straightening up the house for another showing tonight.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:41 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,374,873 times
My fun and excitement already started fighting one of the recycling bins. I now have a huge knot the size of an egg on my forehead and a large bruise on my arm!

It's a tad chilly this morning for this time of year (apparently). Looking outside the sky looks like the one out of the Simpson's cartoon!

Thankfully I won't be cleaning carpets today. You're lucky Karla, I use the get down on the knees and scrub method

After my morning walk I've got lots of running around to do then a lot of cleaning. Doing a deep clean for Spring! I'm also taking my poor burning bush back to the store for a new one, but I'm going to cheer myself up with some creeping Phlox or maybe a pot or two of Geraniums for my baskets

Hope everyone has a wonderful "Friday Eve"

Old 05-08-2008, 05:51 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,296,259 times
Good morning, all. Tet! Don't let that "egg" scramble you, ok??? Sorry....

Don't feel too bad. Somehow, I managed to hit myself on the head with the wheelbarrow this morning. No damage, tho, Not even to the wheelbarrow!

Bandit, our boy kitty, is walking around the house, "calling" for his daddy. I keep telling him he'll be back, but not for a month yet.

Got out of bed this morning (that's a start, right?) and went for a 25 min. bike ride, which I'd think would be about 4-5 miles. It was a beautiful morning for it.

Our carpets could use some cleaning, but it ain't happening for a while! Not sure what I'm doing yet. Maybe clean the bathrooms and do some laundry. I'll keep you informed, ok???

Definitely a pool day - 90+ and humid today.

Enjoy, all.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:58 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,062,064 times
My fun and excitement is a continuing of what I've been doing for the last week and a half and will continue through the May 20 school district elections. Sadly, it's not fun or exciting but I know it has to be done so I continue to press forward. I just wish I had more faith in this community but the resistance is strong and growing.

If anything, I'm certainly getting lots of mental and verbal exercise this week! (There's always a silver lining somewhere!)

Charley

Old 05-08-2008, 06:12 AM

ok it must be hit yourself in the head week

I clonked mine on the doorknob in the laundry room the other day

I leaned down to pick up a load of laundry to put in the washer and "clunk" that pesky doorknob just jumped in the way

Old 05-08-2008, 06:13 AM

ok I went out and snapped a few pictures and set up a photobuck just for CD pictures
so if you want to see how I spent my last 4 weeks
You can click on the first picture to make it bigger then use the arrows in the top right to go the to next pictures
knurm/garden 5-08-08 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Old 05-08-2008, 06:25 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,062,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
ok I went out and snapped a few pictures and set up a photobuck just for CD pictures
so if you want to see how I spent my last 4 weeks
You can click on the first picture to make it bigger then use the arrows in the top right to go the to next pictures
knurm/garden 5-08-08 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Absolutely beautiful. You may have given me an idea about my back yard. Thanks!

Charley

Old 05-08-2008, 06:38 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,634,398 times
Karla, that was beautiful! Well, at least I know who will be helping me with my garden when I finally move to NC.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:41 AM

thanks Charley & jeannie
We put the big garden in 3 years ago
I did a major reduction in inventory so now it has a much cleaner look

Clues garden area use to be a kiwi on a trellis and blackberry plants , so that was the biggest change.

Plus I removed a bunch of plants that were in sunroom some went out on the pergola deck and some to new homes
lol I think the neighbors thought I was running a nursery because for awhile folks kept leaving my house with their cars filled with plants
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals