Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 01:33 PM

2,194 posts, read 3,854,333 times

Advertisements

Hi all--

All right, this forum is filled with threads starting with "Dayton's dead", "It's terrible", and "I'm leaving."

Well, time to buck the trend. I'm going to start posting any new development I read about for the benefit of the community.

New restaurant coming to The Fraze in Kettering

Quote:
A new restaurant called The Tropics is scheduled to open in the former Pavilion Grille/Lincoln Park Grill space adjacent to Fraze Pavilion in October, the owner of the new venture said this afternoon.

The Tropics will employ about 30, Mangan said. As for the timetable, “We’d like to open in early October, but we won’t rush things,” he said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 01:37 PM

Austin Landing lands another restaurant

Quote:
A Panera Bread restaurant with a drive-through is the latest business expected to open in the Village at Austin Landing, officials said. The restaurant is planned off Austin Landing Boulevard, the access road to the 130-acre development running north off Austin Boulevard, east of Interstate 75.

Officials said it was one of the first Paneras with a drive-through in the area. A patio area is also planned. Construction could begin this year, following review of the plan by the township zoning commission and trustees.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:40 PM

New coffee shop opens in downtown Dayton

Quote:
Local patent-lawyer Bill Graham, one of the co-owners of Terra Verde Trading Company, has leased a 2,000-square-foot space at 20 S. St. Clair St. to sell his Java ***, a new coffee filter product, along with operating a small coffee shop.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:52 PM

Hearing aid store opens in Kettering

Quote:
SignaCare Corp. opened a store at 3341 E. Stroop Road Monday in a 1,650-square-foot space, replacing Tropical Tan Paradise. The company, based out of Lexington, Ind., plans to open another store in the Dayton area.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:57 PM

Local manufacturer embarks on $2 million expansion, plans to hire

Quote:
Dayton metals coater Techmetals Inc. plans to add a physical vapor deposition unit chamber and related equipment to serve the medical and defense industries, company leaders said Thursday.

The company has about 130 employees at its combined 150,000 square feet of space on Springfield Street, up from 106 employees in 2006. This expansion will allow the company to retain 14 employees, add five more within the next year and three more the following year.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:06 PM

372 posts, read 466,825 times
Saw this a few days ago:

$3M downtown condo project ahead - Dayton Business Journal

Old 10-13-2012, 08:58 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,757,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
Hi all--

All right, this forum is filled with threads starting with "Dayton's dead", "It's terrible", and "I'm leaving."

Well, time to buck the trend. I'm going to start posting any new development I read about for the benefit of the community.

New restaurant coming to The Fraze in Kettering
Oh! The Tropics! Reborn?

I seriously suggest anyone interested explore the matter of The Tropics for comparison.

PS: the thread is a nice idea.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:00 PM

University ready for classes at new Beavercreek site

Quote:
Franklin University will begin classes Wednesday at its new Beavercreek location in an area that has proven to be a magnet for institutions of higher learning.

It will begin face-to-face classes at a new building it is leasing at 3800 Pentagon Blvd., said Jane Robinson, Franklin’s senior vice president and chief of staff. DeVry University, Clark State Community College, the Advanced Technical Intelligence Center, and Wright State University are all located in that area, off Colonel Glenn Highway and Pentagon Boulevard, on either side of Interstate 675.
Hoping the proximity to WPAFB and nearby employers pays dividends.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:11 AM

372 posts, read 466,825 times
These rapids seem like a really nice idea. I did a little research on the downtown Dayton plan. I really like the idea of linking Dayton's already excellent bike paths and walking trails. Anyway, here is something on the rapids from this past summer. I did a little digging and found some info the the downtown Dayton plan.

Downtown Dayton Plan evolves - YouTube

The Greater Downtown Dayton Plan - YouTube

Old 10-14-2012, 09:29 AM

4,497 posts, read 6,251,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRosado View Post
I really like the idea of linking Dayton's already excellent bike paths and walking trails.
I used to burn those bike trails up. I would go from east Dayton to Xenia and back, to downtown, to Kettering, to Miamisburg. All paved trails. The one going to Miamisburg is really cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton