Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 09:20 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,005,585 times

Advertisements

Julie, The Lobby House is not actually on Silver Lake. It's close to the legislative area close to the Post Office. There is a small pond next to it. That may be what eliza was thinking of.

I lived on Silver Lake and left there about four months ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 06:30 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,677,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Julie, The Lobby House is not actually on Silver Lake. It's close to the legislative area close to the Post Office. There is a small pond next to it. That may be what eliza was thinking of.

I lived on Silver Lake and left there about four months ago.
hey thanks rockky. I thought that little pond was silver lake. It looks kind of silvery.
Anyway I'm still a delaware newbie. Only here 7 months.

Old 08-25-2007, 05:28 PM

199 posts, read 938,768 times
Julie,

Thanks for the compliment. If you want some info on Oregon, there's an Oregon forum here on city-data that has 1,480 threads and 12,085 posts, so far. Good luck in your hunt. You can buy my house in Arizona, if you want.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:57 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,049,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieF View Post
I think that Dover will eventually get all the good stores--maybe they'll get Ikea, an Outback, Barnes and Noble, Borders, a Whole Foods, etc. I was so surprised when we first visited at the things that this area lacked, but little by little!
A Barnes and Noble would be a wonderful addition to the Dover area, especially with a Starbucks inside. It's great to get a cup of coffee and sit down to review of few books and spend some time writing!

Charley

Old 08-30-2007, 09:34 AM

You know Charley, I had a feeling you were a writer.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:44 PM

Actually, I'm a retired healthcare adminstrator. I do have a few websites and I used Barnes and Noble for a while to just sit and think, jot down some thoughts, and checked a few reference books while there.

Charley

Old 08-30-2007, 01:50 PM

43 posts, read 53,685 times
Question Atlantic Books

I agree. I wish there was a big bookstore here. I was really surprised that there is not a B-n-N or Borders. I love coffee and books...so hopefully one of these days we'll get one of those bigger stores. I love being able to wander around and browse.

I've driven by a store on DuPont Hwy called "Atlantic Books", but haven't stopped in. Any reviews on that?

LA

Old 08-30-2007, 02:11 PM

Darn! I drove past it several times this past weekend. If I'm not mistaken, I was even in that shopping center (if that's the same one as Coldstone Ice Cream) and my wife asked if I'd like to check out Atlantic Books ... and I declined. Darn! Sorry.

Charley

Old 08-30-2007, 02:30 PM

After reading the posts on the Delaware forum, it seems to me (as I believe Eliza once said) that Delaware is becoming the new Florida - a retirement mecca. If this is indeed the case, then I think all the chain stores that some of us are wishing for will eventually appear. Let's face it, the bottom line is the buck. Having said that, I think Delaware will soon see a Trader Joes, a Whole Foods, a Barns and Noble with a Starbucks for Charley, and all the other big name stores that everyone is clamoring for. Unfortunately, like Florida, Delaware will become more crowded; traffic will worsen; infastructure will lag behind the population growth; taxes will have to increase to keep up and in ten years all of us will be on this forum looking for somewhere else to go. So, I guess we should all enjoy life while the living is good and cross the bridges when we come to them. Yahoo!

Old 08-30-2007, 03:43 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,005,585 times
If the bridges remain standing, peeweeaz.

I just learned of another of the tricks the good ol' boys club has played in DE.

Majority rule and democracy are not a part of DE politics.

I had no idea how this state was run, and, frankly, I didn't care. It didn't effect me personally. I know a bit more now. They don't play fair.

Maybe it's that every where. sigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware