Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 02:45 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,417,976 times

Advertisements

It makes entirely no sense not to take Dart to Wilmington and ride the Chinatown Bus up. Or, to save money, take Septa to Philly, and take the Chinatown bus from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 05:38 PM

361 posts, read 1,948,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe84323 View Post
It makes entirely no sense not to take Dart to Wilmington and ride the Chinatown Bus up. Or, to save money, take Septa to Philly, and take the Chinatown bus from there.
Unless it's Sunday when DART doesn't run, or the schedule for the Chinatown bus doesn't mesh with what you need, or it's not M-F 6am-6pm, in which case the Septa doesn't run to Newark.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:19 PM

Doesn't Sunday bus service offer something to/from Newark?

Old 10-31-2008, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Doesn't Sunday bus service offer something to/from Newark?
Nope. No buses to Newark on Sundays.

DART First State - Home Page

Old 11-02-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katreese View Post
Nope. No buses to Newark on Sundays.

DART First State - Home Page
\

Wow... that blows!

Old 11-02-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
\

Wow... that blows!
Totally!

Old 12-11-2008, 07:28 AM

1 posts, read 5,673 times
Default Into NYC

I am coming from Dover, DE and visit my friends in NYC a lot on weekends. The best option I have found is to drive up to either Trenton or the Hamilton stop (right after Trenton) and take the NJ Transit into Penn Station. With my Military ID it only costs me $5.50 to take the NJ Transit...it is around $11 normally. I like the Hamilton station because it is not crowded and the 24hr parking rate is only $9 compared to $18 in Trenton.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:08 AM

7 posts, read 51,410 times
This old message appeared in Google and needs to be updated.

I go to New York all the time from the Newark area, and I do what ajgregory7 does as well. However, not everyone may want to bring a car with them or can get a ride.

There is good news. There are now DART buses on Saturday AND Sunday. However, the express trains and buses from Newark to Wilmington still don't run on Saturday and Sunday, leaving you only the option to take the tortoise-speed Route 6 bus from Newark to Wilmington's train station. The fastest way from there is to take the Chinatown bus from Wilmington, DE to New York (http://www.aabus.com, which they have mistakingly called "Wilmington, MD" for a LONG time now -- maybe someone should tell them to fix that?). Greyhound also will do it for more money. A cheaper option is to get on SEPTA from Wilmington (only on Saturday) and grab the less expensive buses from Philadelphia. This cannot be done on Sunday since SEPTA trains don't run on Sundays in Delaware (because Delaware is too cheap to pay for it).

NOT ADVISABLE but just for the heck of it: I just discovered though that on Sunday, you could -- if you were in for an adventure and have LOTS of TIME -- take Rt. 1 out of Wilmington Rodney Square, then transfer to SEPTA's 113 which could take you to the Marcus Hook Rail station where you could get to Philadelphia. Why you would do that, I have no idea -- I'm just saying it's possible ;-).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware