Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 07:14 AM

81 posts, read 492,214 times

Advertisements

Thanks Charley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 07:25 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,676,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsdumpling View Post
Ok...*Dawn kicks the dirt*...you can be Queen.

LMAOF.......................Your a scream

Old 04-25-2008, 11:00 AM

1,030 posts, read 3,417,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Hey everyone...I lOVE all of them. Joe, what was that last one with the old stone home and pond?

Move2......Did you eat in the family diner? I love their food. Charley, next time you are here you must try this. The have the best crab cake platter for $8.99. My friends loves their roast turkey and stuffing dinner.

And

The Georgia house......were you there? We are going tomorrow. Can't wait.
Oh I love these pictures. I got to get my camera going.
This is a great topic
The old home is called Gibraltar, which is located at Pennsylvania and Greenhill Ave. It is also known as Coffin and Sharpe Mansion.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:23 PM

243 posts, read 915,164 times
Great photos Joe. BTW I looked up scrapple on wikipedia.com. This is what I found: Scrapple is a savory mush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal and flour, often buckwheat flour. The mush is formed into a loaf, and slices of the scrapple are then fried before serving. Scraps of meat left over from butchering, too small to be used or sold elsewhere, were made into scrapple to avoid waste. Scrapple is best known as a regional food of Delaware, South Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Maryland. Not sure if I want to try it or not. I probably will at some point. I think I've posted most of my pics. I'd love to see more if anybody has any.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:48 PM

44 posts, read 166,476 times
Smile Just home from Kent County

Here are a few of my favorite pics from my trip to Delaware.
Photos of Delaware-img_3569.jpg

Photos of Delaware-img_3571.jpg

Photos of Delaware-img_3572.jpg

Photos of Delaware-img_3573.jpg

Old 04-25-2008, 02:46 PM

8 posts, read 33,354 times
Dear Middletownians, post pics from your hometown. My daughter will spend a year here and desperatly wants to see how it looks over there. Thanks a lot

Franz

Old 04-25-2008, 05:42 PM

81 posts, read 492,214 times
Great pics Joe.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:57 PM

445 posts, read 1,436,639 times
Here is something for you Franz. If your daughter has an interest in history, 3 miles from Middletown is the little village of Odessa. Many of the buildings and homes date back to the late 1700's - early 1800's. This picture shows the old bank (left) and hotel (right) during the annual tour of homes held each year on the 1st Sunday in December.

My wife and I have hosted foreign exchange students in the past (Brasil & Germany) and would be happy to answer any questions you have. You are invited to message me directly.
Attached Thumbnails
Photos of Delaware-x-mas-decorations-2007-006-2  

Old 04-26-2008, 10:05 AM

3 posts, read 22,818 times
I am a native Delawarean of over 65 years. I am shocked at the negativity expressed by some who decided to make this state their home within the last twenty years or so. I have had to live in other locations on occasion and was always glad to return to Delaware.....mainly because it is home. I find there are few desirable places to live where you don't have to be slightly creative to entertain yourself. Towns and cities with a lot of commercial entertainment are usually less likely to be desirable places to live on a full time basis. Delaware's natural resources are many and one just has to be inquisitive and find out where they are. The state is so small one can enjoy several areas of activity in one day. If sitting on the beach at Rehoboth on a pleasant warm day armed with some good reading material and observing the vastness of the ocean doesn't inspire you, I doubt anything will! The list of areas of entertainment in this small state will amaze you once you have begun to find them. Talk to people who have lived here since the early 1900s and listen to their stories. You will be fascinated. If quiet fields, clean air, friendly people, locally grown produce, interesting history, meaningful comraderie, numerous cultural events within short drives, etc. have no appeal then we will have to bid you adieu.

Last edited by Lady Lou; 04-26-2008 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 04-26-2008, 10:11 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,676,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lou View Post
I am a native Delawarean of over 65 years. I am shocked at the negativity expressed by some who decided to make this state their home within the last twenty years or so. I have had to live in other locations on occasion and was always glad to return to Delaware.....mainly because it is home. If quiet fields, clean air, friendly people, locally grown produce, interesting history, meaningful comraderie, numerous cultural events within short drives, etc. have no appeal then we will have to bid you adieu.

HI Lady Lou and Welcome to the forum. I found De to be just as you say it is. We have been here little over and year and love it.
some of the negativity comes from trolls. Most of us on the forum give DE a thumbs up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware