Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 07:43 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,512 times

Advertisements

I heard about oil pulling a year ago. I tried it recently and I got very good result in the first treatment. My teeth didn't have that film on them ALL day; literally. By the second treatment I noticed my teeth were whiter espeically by the fifth treatment...AMAZING WHITER!! I also notice my sinus drainage has also improved and my ear had a muffled sound for several months possibly to due a mild infection to the tube from the throat to the middle ear; that is gone too!!! So it does clear sinus infection too!!

I made my own oil blend of coconut, grapeseed and olive oil with a touch of peppermint and cinnamon essentail oil added to taste. The nutrient from the oil is absorbed in the mouth and into your body which is an added plus. You must swish around the mouth for 15 to 20 minutes but I started with 8 min and gradually increased. But you still need to brush and floss afterwards.

This technique has been around for over 3000 yrs and no dentist ever told me about it Another product called the Bass toothbrushes and the POH nylon black/white dental floss I also discovered. The brushes has less bristles and arranged in 3 to 4 rows and staggered and has polished tip to prevent abrasion. Fewer bristles mean you can push them between your teeth to remove the bacteria that caused decay. The POH nylon dental floss has multiple fibers that can get between the teeth very easliy and spreads out when you slide it against the teeth. These products been around since the 1960s...again I NEVER had ANY dentist even mentioned none of these products!!! And they are not expensive at all.

If I had these products when I was school age, I would have gotten all those cavities!!!

Last edited by eyewrist; 05-31-2014 at 08:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 05:54 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Oil pulling certainly can't be harmful, and I don't see how it could be anything but good for oral health at the very least. I do it occasionally (trying to remember to do it every day!) and I LOVE the way it makes my mouth and teeth feel! Even if it didn't do anything else, it would be worth it.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:12 PM

356 posts, read 1,269,084 times
I am going to try this. I have had dental pain for the last 6 months and the dentists cant figure out what is wrong.. hopefully this will help. 20 minutes of swishing seems like a long time, but worth a try

Old 06-07-2014, 09:02 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
I did this for a while and did receive health benefits, but the swishing caused me to lose fillings so I had to stop. Never in my life had I lost a filling till I did that.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I did this for a while and did receive health benefits, but the swishing caused me to lose fillings so I had to stop. Never in my life had I lost a filling till I did that.
What happened with your filling may not have been such a bad thing especially if they are the old ones from the 1970s and older which can be toxic to the body due to the mercury in them. A blessing in disguise. How do you feel now since they are gone?

Old 06-17-2014, 05:53 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
What happened with your filling may not have been such a bad thing especially if they are the old ones from the 1970s and older which can be toxic to the body due to the mercury in them. A blessing in disguise. How do you feel now since they are gone?
That is bogus and patently untrue information. First of all, if the mercury really did "leech" (which is what the conspiracists claim) into your blood system, the filling would become smaller. Second, if the person was suffering from mercury poisoning, they'd have damage to their brain, kidneys, and/or lungs. Third, anyone who eats fish regularly has more of a chance of direct exposure to mercury by eating fish, than they do of mercury toxicity caused by mercury in dental fillings. Fourth, many dentists have a variety of available filling materials for their patients, with amalgams containing mercury still being one of them. This isn't something that only people in the 1970's and older got. People get them even now, because it's considered safe, and more durable than resin fillings, though not as aesthetically pleasing.

Lastly, if there was any truth to the conspiracy of amalgam fillings, this is what you would want to extract as fact from it: Removing the fillings would create MORE of a hazard and risk, than leaving them where they are. Just like asbestos - it is inert - until it gets stirred up. Leave it be, and it won't pose a risk.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:47 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
I'm just about to start oil pulling. Do you think it's better to brush before or after?

Old 06-18-2014, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
That is bogus and patently untrue information. First of all, if the mercury really did "leech" (which is what the conspiracists claim) into your blood system, the filling would become smaller. Second, if the person was suffering from mercury poisoning, they'd have damage to their brain, kidneys, and/or lungs. Third, anyone who eats fish regularly has more of a chance of direct exposure to mercury by eating fish, than they do of mercury toxicity caused by mercury in dental fillings. Fourth, many dentists have a variety of available filling materials for their patients, with amalgams containing mercury still being one of them. This isn't something that only people in the 1970's and older got. People get them even now, because it's considered safe, and more durable than resin fillings, though not as aesthetically pleasing.

Lastly, if there was any truth to the conspiracy of amalgam fillings, this is what you would want to extract as fact from it: Removing the fillings would create MORE of a hazard and risk, than leaving them where they are. Just like asbestos - it is inert - until it gets stirred up. Leave it be, and it won't pose a risk.
Oooooookay

Old 06-18-2014, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
I'm just about to start oil pulling. Do you think it's better to brush before or after?
Afterwards you can really feel the difference

Old 06-19-2014, 11:45 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
Afterwards you can really feel the difference
Ok, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health